64themes

Childtheme backend, admin menus

64themes

Hi PageLines geniuses,

I am making my first childtheme and would like to customize what menus, areas are shown from the framework.

Are there any hooks I can use for this?

How would I go about removing ?

PageLines/Dashboard but leave import/export accessible

PageLines/Store

I would also like to know if there's a way to whitelabel the framework. As a wp theme developer I want to built child themes for sale bundled up with this framework and would like to override the PageLines branding. Since it's a dev framework I don't see why I should have that there, it can mislead my clients and confuse them about what theme they are using after all.

thanks for your replies in advance.

Danny

Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not provide a white label version of PageLines nor do we support the removal of our options/branding in the backend.

Please search our forums, before posting!

64themes

Is there a way to hide some of the admin menus?

64themes

I wouldn't like to use plugins to achieve this. What I am aiming to do is to have a childtheme which has some of the admin oprions but not all.

I was thinking to use hooks to customize the backed I'm just not sure which one to hook into to access admin panels. Could you point the right hook out perhaps?

many thanks for your replies

catrina

I don't think it's possible to edit the back end of a child theme using any hooks (at least, not from what I've researched). It sounds like PHP would be the way to go, but I have only found few solutions (see http://wp.smashingmagazine.com/2012/05/17/customize-wordpress-admin-easily/).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

64themes

Hi catrina,

yes this is something close to what I would like to to.

I would just need to know the functions and arrays where the Pagelines admin menus are declared and I presume I could simply override thos ein the childtheme's functions.php 

Simon

The menus are added using standard wp functions, add_submenu_page() etc.

You can remove items from the wordpress menus using filters etc. There are even plugins to hide wordpress menu items.

There is no special menu code, its all standard stuff.