Denis Ciumbargi

Buddypress compatibility

Denis Ciumbargi    3
Denis Ciumbargi

Hey guys,

I am using Pagelines to create a community website that will be the first in Romania dedicated to people diagnosed with cancer and leukemia and creating a database with those persons and putting them in touch one with another to share facts on how to get through their struggle and also putting them in touch and with a community of doctors, volunteers and sponsors. I want them to have the benefits of having an internal message system and to be able to write, share photos etc etc and all the stuff Buddypress offers. 

Pagelines Team came with great support, they helped me buying a pro license and my work in building a modern website is so easy and i love the product. In the past the team helped with some other requests but now a series of task will oblige me to create several threads and i think it is better to discuss all in one so....

is there anyone in the team assign now or in the past but still in the team to know how to work in upgrading the Buddypress compatibility withing PageLines framework?

I almost got in a fight with the Buddypress support team as i need some help with many items involving the Buddypress part withing Pagelines, many elements do not align right, cross browser compatibility needs to be updated within the code,  overall making the compatibility only 50 percent usable.  I do not want to create several threads and bother lots of moderators or team members.

I think the plugin withing Pagelines core needs some update, if you guys think of course that part of of support is part of your road-map of course, maybe we can work on this together through the items i am gonna report?

Where there is love, I'll be there.

Rob    547
Rob

Hello Denis,

I'm unclear what specifically you believe makes the BuddyPress integration plugin in the Store need an update or why you say it's only 50 percent usable.  The plugin merely wraps BuddyPress within the PageLines Framework and adds just a few lines of CSS to ensure compatibility.

Please take a look at my site www.epicurus.com/discussion. Note: Select the Buddypress pages from the Community Home drop down list.  I have no custom CSS applied.

If you can provide more specific information and perhaps some screenshots, perhaps we can assist you more.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      I have been unsuccessfully trying to get my 3-column widgetized footer aligned centered. The widget section itself is aligned left because the alignment appears to be controller the widget's content only. The container that contains the widget section is aligned centered. I have chosen a 3 column layout and I added 3 widgets, assuming they would be aligned centered.
      Any idea of what I may be doing wrong?
      The page is question is: http://www.michaelkummer.com
      Thanks
      Michael
    • Bleuy
      By Bleuy+
      Problem: Full Screen Revslider content runs off the screen on mobile devices (particularly calls to action buttons).  I've used the <br> to break up the text, however the call to action buttons run off the screen.  Therefore without making the fix too technical (and I can see some VERY technical resolutions on here) my client just wants to simple centre justify the text when being viewed on a mobile device.  
      Any ideas on how best to achieve this in a simple, non too technical way?
      Thanks very much in advance

• saur0
      By saur0+
      Hi, I have managed to change the size of the navbar logo to 75px, but I now want to change the size of the font on the menu (20px) and align the menu vertically to the bottom (so it is in line with the bottom of the logo image). I've been playing around with the CSS but can't seem to get it right, if anyone could give me some pointers it would be much appreciated. 
      The site is feltonssolicitors.co.uk if you want to take a look at the source. 
      Thanks, 

• mzhafzah
      By mzhafzah
      Hello
      I am using DMS 2 theme and I want to create a 2 different links on my website; each link should take you to a different blog post category. Although the process is easy, yet I can not figure out how to give each category page a unique design of its own; Any change I make on any page is applied to the other (I'm aware of the universal elements like the header and footer and I a am not talking about these.)
      Since I am new to wordpress in general, I am not sure if my description is sufficient; apologies if it is not.
      TycoonJé
    • evasnijders
      By evasnijders
      Dear fellow forum members,
      It has been months, if not years, since I got the latest DMS version. And I haven't been able to get myself to install it on my blog...
      A few months ago I took on a new job and I now know for sure I will never get to it.
      So, my question: is there anyone out there who is experienced with DMS and would be willing to do this for me.
      In all honesty, I will need help with everything, from rethinking the content (structure), to deciding on illustrations and colours. 
      I am though, willing to pay for this.
      Thanks in advance for your kind answers.
      Eva
      www.evasnijders.com