Sign in to follow this  
nfardo

My Sidebar panel drops to the content page when page is reduced

nfardo

problem - If I press (ctrl +/-) to reduce or increase the screen size - my right side bar drops into the content page - this does not happen for any other sites ?? When my friend opened our site on their laptop - the sidebar was at the bottom of the content page try it: http://pghfirm.powweb.com/ any ideas? thanks noah

cmunns

I believe it only happens when the browser is zoomed out and has to do with the 1 pixel border on the sidebar. If you want you can reduce the width of the sidebar by 1px to fix the issue.

nfardo

So the system needs hacked where exactly? Can you please troubleshoot this and allow for a free upgrade download like most other template/theme shops offer? TBH, there's no way someone with limited programming experience is going to be able to comprehend how and where. That's your average user if you were to ask me. Thanks

bryan-hadaway

Add this to your Custom CSS: `#sidebar{width:317px}` Thanks, Bryan

nfardo

I don't how to fix it - but when people at the office log on and friends I have emailed the site to - they are not seeing the sidebar on the right side - it is on the bottom of the screen - so its a real issue and i have so much time into this already - can u guys help? our current site does not do that thanks! noah

cmunns

I can replicate it in Firefox, but you have to zoom WAY out before it does it. Also, what browser are these people using when they report it to you? and is it when they zoom out as well or also in?

cmunns

Hey Noah, Is this a huge concern? I believe the problem is that borders don't scale the same way as the content. So the border on the sidebar is screwing up the layout at zoom levels. Like I said before reducing the width of the sidebar by 1px will fix it, but then the design is not quite as tight as it should be with lines matching up and such. Thoughts?