bnapoli

Upgrade causes Typography and DropDown Nav Menu's to stop working

bnapoli+    0
bnapoli

I upgraded ambitioninsight.com to the latest version of Pagelines Framework and suddenly my dropdown nav items no longer work, and my font choice "droid sans" no longer shows the correct font. Other fonts still work. I verified Droid Sans and Allow DropDown Nav menus are both selected from within the admin panel. Please help, thanks Did nothing more than upgrade to latest version of PL Framework

James B    436
James B

Hi there, which version did you upgrade to? 2.3.8

2.4 has just been released this evening. Did you also update wordpress to 3.5 as well?

It looks like you're using the classic nav, please check in Pagelines>site options>header and footer to make sure dropdowns are enabled just in case some of the settings got knocked off.

Were you using the googlefonts plugin?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

bnapoli+    0
bnapoli

I was not using Googlefonts Plugin

I upgraded to 2.4 and WordPress 3.5 

I have already checked Site Options > Header and dropdowns are enabled.

In fact, when I choose other fonts, many of the other fonts don't work either.

bnapoli+    0
bnapoli

I just installed the GoogleFonts plugin, and still nothing. Dropdowns still not working, fonts still not working.  I have checked other plugins for issues and haven't found anything.

Thanks,
Brett

bnapoli+    0
bnapoli

Where can I see that? How do I identify what is failing?

bnapoli+    0
bnapoli

Thank you for the help. W3Total Cache had the wrong settings. Everything is back. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Claudio
      By Claudio+
      I have a problem with the typography settings. I set the H1 class with "font-weight: 300;" (Very thin weight), and "font-size: 50px;" (To have considerable evidence of my problem). Unfortunately, as you can see on the screenshots, those setting don't have any incidence on the site, Infact in the home page editor there is a trial title called "Text test", bold, and 26 px approximatly sized.
      Why the typography settings are not transposed on the site? Where I wrong?

• Simon
      By Simon
      Please Note: Recent software such as DMS is not affected by this security advisory.   Three days ago we were alerted by Securi via email that there were a couple of problems with two of our legacy themes, namely PlatformPro and PageLines Framework.

We take security seriously, so we wasted no time updating the free versions of these themes on the WordPress Repo and updating the pro versions over here at pagelines.com

The following versions of the two themes have been patched and are available from your account area right now.

PlatformPro 1.6.2 [download]
      PageLines Framework 2.4.6 [download]

If you are using the free versions of the two themes available on wordpress.org, those files have also been patched.

PageLines 1.4.6 [download]
      Platform 1.4.4 [download]

In all cases you should see an update available in your WordPress admin area and should update right away.
      In the event that you cannot update the theme we took the time to create a small plugin that will protect your site.
      The plugin will work with all versions of both themes, just install and activate it for immediate protection.
       pl-security-patcher.zip

• jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      A week ago I setup a brand new install of Wordpress and latest DMS. Wanted to try the Whitehouse theme but accidently activated iBolg first. Went back and chose whitehouse, but now when I look at the templates area, there are a bunch of Iblog templates there but no whitehouse named templates (and something called iPage Handling in Page Setup column?). Further mystery is there are several whitehouse sections available to add to page.  no iblog sections though...?
      Also having some weirdness with editor. When I change the Primary Text typography to Georgia and a large size (like 24px) the blue navbar separator bars extend down below the bottom of the navbar area.  Using Inspector, I can see I can set height in CSS to deal with that. But while in the DMS editor, I can't see the new text size being displayed! If I logout and view the page, it looks big like I chose in a couple different browsers, but in CHrome while logged in to editor, the font is small
      Any suggestions? Would like to see what my text choices look like without having to log out.
      Site at: http://199.119.180.102/~harmhill/newsite/
      Wordpress version 4.2.3
      Active Plugins:Anti-Malware and Brute-Force Security by ELI
      BruteProtect
      several DMS sections/plugins
      Gravity Forms
      PageLines Updater
      Wordfence Security
      Yoast SEO

• satronen
      By satronen
      I am currently using Pagelines Framework 2.4.6
      I'm interested to upgrade my site to iBlogPro6
      Will I be able to keep my Pagelines Framework website live and uninterrupted while building my new iBlogPro6 site?
      Is there a online help guide of specifics instructions how to get this process started once I download iBlogPro6?
    • satronen
      By satronen
      I am currently using Pagelines Framework 2.4.6
      I'm interested to upgrade my site to iBlogPro6
      Will I be able to keep my Pagelines Framework website live and uninterrupted while building my new iBlogPro6 site?
      Is there a online help guide of specifics instructions how to get this process started once I download iBlogPro6?