Sign in to follow this  
gstrahle

Style my FitText Section

gstrahle+    0
gstrahle

How can I style my sit text section, wehn I firebug it I am reading that the element is styled inline outside the style.css

Rob    547
Rob

Hello!

Can you point me to a link to this Fit Text problem?

Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• MobileParity
      By MobileParity+
      My Masthead text is not formatting to mobile devices. It was working fine last week and once I added the ShareBar section everything got a little off. At first I thought it was the width of the ShareBar that was causing the issue so I used a media query to resize the width and it works for the tablet size of 767px however my Masthead text is now askew and does not resize for the screen. I am using FitText.js to resize the headings (h1, h2, etc). Here is the media query that I am using for the ShareBar. For some reason I am 

@media only screen and (max-width:767px) {  #sharebarui2dj1f .pl-sharebar { width:540px;     } }  

Website URL:www.bingerr.com
      Framework Version:dms2
      WordPress Version:4+
      Plugins in Use:FitText.js
      Server/Host:flywheel
      Screenshots:
      Details:
    • MobileParity
      By MobileParity+
      I am pretty good with CSS and using DevTools to target the changes that I want however I am terrible when using jQuery. I am trying to use the FitText.js plugin to resize my Masthead Titles when the screen is resized. I have followed a brief tutorial however it seems I am not adding the script to the correct area. I have tried the Custom Code section for header scripts. I have tried adding the code the wp-header via Hooker and still nothing.
      Website URL:www.bingerr.com
      Framework Version:DMS 2
      WordPress Version: 4+
      Plugins in Use: https://github.com/davatron5000/FitText.js
      Server/Host:Flywheel
      Screenshots:
      Details: Code i am using is below:
      <script src="jquery.fittext.js"></script>
      <script> $(document).ready(function() {   //from http://www.pagelinestheme.com/adding-jquery-code-dms-editor/   //CHANGE the jQuery selectors using your Canvas Area's Section ID     //Adding FitText Min/Max font size to Landing Page Masthead   $("#mastheadusrim9x h1.masthead-title").fitText(1, { minFontSize: '50px', maxFontSize: '160px' }); })   (function( $ ){     $.fn.fitText = function( kompressor, options ) {       // Setup options     var compressor = kompressor || 1,         settings = $.extend({           'minFontSize' : Number.NEGATIVE_INFINITY,           'maxFontSize' : Number.POSITIVE_INFINITY         }, options);       return this.each(function(){         // Store the object       var $this = $(this);         // Resizer() resizes items based on the object width divided by the compressor * 10       var resizer = function () {         $this.css('font-size', Math.max(Math.min($this.width() / (compressor*10), parseFloat(settings.maxFontSize)), parseFloat(settings.minFontSize)));       };         // Call once to set.       resizer();         // Call on resize. Opera debounces their resize by default.       $(window).on('resize.fittext orientationchange.fittext', resizer);       });     };   })( jQuery );   </script>