dsnhits

Drag & Drop Layout Won't Save

dsnhits    0
dsnhits

Hey guys,

Purchased PRO about a month ago after doing some research and really liking what I'd seen..  Unfortunately I'm having MASSIVE problems getting things to work properly.  

I had WP 3.5 installed and PageLines wouldn't really work at all.  I had to downgrade back to 3.4x to get PL and various components of my website to work properly.

Now I can't get the drag and drop layout editor to save any changes.  The little circle just keeps running, but no changes ever save.

I've disabled ALL plugins and have had the same result.  Running my old theme until I can figure out a fix.

Thanks in advance!

Pat DeLuca

www.dsnhits.com

Rob    547
Rob

Hi Pat,

Generally when this happens, it means that a plugin is deprecated. Have you installed any plugins found at wordpress.org or elsewhere?

I'd recommend going back to WP 3.5 and checking the plugins.

You may also have an incomplete PageLines Framework installation or even an incomplete WP installation. Let's focus on the plugins first.  Deactivate anything you did not find at the PageLines Store.  I also suggest leaving the Akismet plugin active.

Please let us know if the deactivation of plugins and 3.5 upgrade works.  If not, we'll take you to the next steps.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dsnhits    0
dsnhits

So I installed a fresh copy of WP 3.5 on another domain of mine I've been meaning to update - ddmediainc.com.  Fresh, clean install, NO plugins whatsoever.  

Now the drag & drop won't let me drag & drop at all..  It just highlights and won't let me move anything - in Firefox, Chrome, and IE.

In IE I get the following page error:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; HPNTDF; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Tablet PC 2.0)
Timestamp: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 04:03:14 UTC

Line: 5
Char: 522
Code: 0

Line: 11
Char: 3
Code: 0

James B    436
James B

Hi there, can you enable the debug checkbox in Pagelines>site options>advanced and let us know when activated.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Simon    247
Simon

The site you listed in your opening post is not even running PageLines Framework

dsnhits    0
dsnhits

Simon, You're correct..  Until I get pagelines working properly I can't switch over to the theme on dsnhits.com...  I'm having identically the same problems with dsnhits.com as I've had with ddmediainc.com (which was a blank domain that I installed a fresh copy of WP 3.5 and Pagelines onto last night).

Simon    247
Simon

What browser are you using?

dsnhits    0
dsnhits

Same error occurs on Chrome, FireFox, and IE.

Simon    247
Simon

Feel free to PM your login details then

Simon    247
Simon

No ajax is working at all in your wp install. I switched to default theme and nothing works, no media popups nothing. Could be a corrupt install, try re-uploading all the wordpress files.

This is not PageLines Framework related. 

dsnhits    0
dsnhits

Wiped the server, reinstalled fresh with from wordpress.org and with their instructions.. Then installed pagelines.  Same problem.  Credentials are the same.

Simon    247
Simon

Why did you install PageLines Framework, the problem persists with wordpress and its default theme, it has to be a server issue.

dsnhits    0
dsnhits

Any ideas of what that issue might be?

Simon    247
Simon

All I can really suggest is contact your host, or try the WordPress forums.

You are not going to be able to use any theme or plugin until you figure out whats wrong with the server.