Sign in to follow this  
jdownnza

My category title tags are automatically capitalized

jdownnza

I don't want my category title tags to be captitalized. For example, I have categories like blue Dogs, blue Cats, etc. I want the "blue" title tag to remain UNcapitalized, but something in Wordpress or iBlogPro is capitalizing it. How do I fix this? Thanks.

bryan-hadaway

The trick is to add: `.whatever{text-transform:none}` to your Custom CSS. whatever being the ID or Class that identifies the category titles. I can't be entirely sure what you're specifying though, can you please provide a live link to an example page, and describe what titles. Thanks, Bryan

jdownnza

Thanks, however, I added:

.502{text-transform:none}

into "style.css". But the category title still shows as "Blue Cats" as the Title in my browser window (it should be "blue Cats"). Also, do I have to add in special code for each category? I dont know what "category class" is. Can I input one value for that and have it apply to all my categories? I don't want to transform the title of any of my categories. Thanks.

catrina

Hello, Please change it so that it's

.502 {text-transform: none;}

(the semi-colon is missing in there)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jdownnza

Thanks for the response, unfortunately it didnt work. I tried:

.502 {text-transform: none;}
and
.502{text-transform: none;}

I even tried changing the category (to 1, which is my default category), and it didnt work. Is there some way I can make it so that ALL categories are treated like I want?

catrina

I'm going look into your CSS sheets and see if there's anything already there that can make this de-capitalization work. Just to clarify: do you only want the categories in the list on the right (not in the dropdown menu) to be de-capitalized?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jdownnza

The categories in the drop down list are the same as the ones in the list on the right. I want any and all category title tags to be exactly what the categories are named. If a category is named "Widgets", I want the title tag to be "Widgets". If a category is named "iWidgets", I want the title tag to be "iWidgets". Thanks!

cmunns

Are you sure this is iBlogPro? Tags aren't supposed to be in all caps. A link to your site would help as well.

cmunns

I must be dense, but I'm just not seeing anything in all caps. What browser are you using?