Sign in to follow this  
esilvaexonetcl

StationPro 3 child theme question

esilvaexonetcl

Is StationPro 3 compatible with child themes?

bryan-hadaway

I'm not sure, child themes? Is this a theme for sub-pages or a theme that users can switch to optionally? Thanks, Bryan

esilvaexonetcl

(From: wordpress.org)"A WordPress child theme is a theme that inherits the functionality of another theme, called the parent theme, and allows you to modify, or add to, the functionality of that parent theme. Works great to be able to upgrade to new versions of the theme without loosing customization." more here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

bryan-hadaway

Okay, I won't be able to answer that question. Please bump this topic for a developer to answer. I would also like to know this as well for future reference. Thanks, Bryan

bryan-hadaway

I just read up on "Child Themes" to learn more about it's purpose and realized that although PageLines themes probably do support them, it's not necessary. In PageLines Theme Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS this is already handled with less hassle, you can easily back the settings up in one click to the database and upgrading will not overwrite any of these customizations. Thanks, Bryan