Sign in to follow this  
leebelle

EcoPro change theme color to a specific hex color

leebelle

What is the best way to change the theme color in EcoPro to a specific hex color. We love the green color of the theme but it's just a bit off from the green hex color we want.

bryan-hadaway

Can I get a link to your site? In your Theme Options > Text Options you can change the header, link text colors. For the background colors, try adding this to your Custom CSS: `#spotlight, #footer, #spotlight .effect, #footer .effect{background:#000 url('') !important}` Of course changing 000 to your hex color. Thanks, Bryan

leebelle

The website is http://mobilecitizen.net/. I tried adding the code: #spotlight, #footer, #spotlight .effect, #footer .effect{background:#6CB345 url('') !important} to the Custom CSS and it didn't change anything? I changed the hex code #6CB345.

leebelle

To be more specific, I'm trying to change that pea soup green color on the header and on other pages that use this color as a band. Do I need to find these files and then take them into Photoshop and change the color there? If so do you know which files these are?

cmunns

That is correct you need to edit the photos if you wish to maintain the detail, texture, etc. The file is eco-bg-spotlight.jpg

leebelle

Thanks, eco-bg-spotlight.jpg is the header, do you know what the color band on the pages and posts is?

jordydme

I was looking to change the color of the green bar as well, did a search of the entire eco theme directory but did not find said file eco-bg-spotlight.jpg