Post loop problem

2 posts in this topic

I have a site that uses custom post types for members. I used Types and Views to create the custom post types and the queries that show specific members. I created views to show specialities for member type. For example a member type could be culinary and within culinary, I have chef, caterer, etc. Take a look at this page on the right sidebar and you'll see the specialties for this member type listed. Unfortunately, for some reason I can't get this link to resolve from this post so please go to the home page and then click on member directory and then culinary.

So what is supposed to happen is the visitor would click on say "chef" and only those members with "chef" as one of their specialties (category) will display and this is what happens with the culinary members. However with all other member types: visual, dance, music, literary, and theater this does not happen. Instead, it lists the specialites for each of these member types correctly but then if you click on "sculpture" for instance from the visual directory, it lists all posts instead of the ones that just have sculpture. You can see this here:

I can't figure out what I did differently for the culinary members that the categories work for them and not the other member types. Somehow it seems to me that the WordPress loop isn't working right for these members.  Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Jannon,

I'm sorry to see you're having difficulty with properly viewing your custom post types.  Unfortunately, this isn't my specialty or related to PageLines.  Nothing in PageLines would stop you from properly viewing posts, or even custom post types, custom taxonomies or search results.

Have you contacted the developer of the plugin used to develop these custom post types? Double checked settings?  It seems quite odd that it would be just one particular category.  That must be a setting that you may have missed or inadvertantly set incorrectly.  I say this because if it were a conflict with Framework or a deprecated plugin, then nothing would show at all.

One other thing it could be, which again isn't related to PageLines is a naming conflict.   For example, if you have two things named Chef in the same area, then WP doesn't know which one to view.  Highly unlikely, but perhaps a duplicate entry for that taxonomy?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Create 2 additional pages that will work with like a blog template
      By B1Guy
      I am trying to have my post show up on more than the static page that is defined in >settings>reading.
      I would very much like the post to able to be displayed on 2 other pages "like a second and third recent posts that is displayed like a blog.
      Any help would be great.
      I am somewhat familiar with how coding works but not advanced enough to write the code I think I need for this.
      is there an easier way.
    • WP Content / Loop not displaying
      By alasdairc
      Good Morning,
      Website URL:
      Framework Version:     2.1.5
      WordPress Version:     3.9.2
      Server/Host:                 GoDaddy Manage WP Hosting

I'm struggling to get the WP Content / Loop to display at this site.
      There are posts on the site which I can display using a Widget Shortcode workaround but as you can see here it's not as pretty.
      Tried disabling all the plugins as well and got the same result.
      Hoping to be told I'm an idiot and I've just missed something.
      Thanks in advance
      UPDATE: I just downloaded DMS 2.1.5 and did an install as previously I had upgraded. Unfortunately still getting the same results.
    • Post Loop: List Mode no longer working
      By mtaus+
      I just updated the DMS theme.Following the update, I am no longer able to configure the List Mode layout to display a wide full-column image above the post text. Instead only the thumbnail image view is available.
      DMS: 1.1.6
      Pro Plugin: 1.5
    • Using Content/ Post Loop
      By The Humanzee
      I am wondering if there is a way to use more than one Post Loop content section on the same page. I really do not care for the formatting of the Text Box section and i would like to use 2 or more Post Loop sections (with different content in each) on the same page. Can this be achieved? 
      thank you pure human friends. 
      the chimp~
    • Custom Post Types, Custom Meta Boxes, Single Templates, Custom Post Loop
      By lexlex88
      Before DMS—in themes—I would normally create (single-POSTTYPE.php) files and WP would know to pull that template to display the information for that post type.
      I've read through every thread on the forum about custom post types and I understand there are several ways to approach displaying the information of custom meta boxes. (via plugins, short-codes, or editing functions.php of a child theme)
      I've downloaded the customize-plugin, and I figured out to edit the functions.php in there to add hooks.
      If I understand correctly, hooks allow you to swap out information (filters), or add new information (actions).
      For instance, using (filter) hooks I can replace (post_author) with (custom_meta_field_A). Or using (action) hooks I can add (custom_meta_field_B) after (post_title).
      What I don't understand is how you can use hooks to build templates for certain post types. I don't want my hooks to apply to all single posts, only for certain post types. I am basically asking how do I create the DMS equivalent of (single-POSTTYPE.php) files.
      How can I create a page that shows a custom loop of certain post types? using hooks?