Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

patrman

Facebook like box not working

patrman    0
patrman

I would like to ask you for help. 

My Facebook like box is displayed only on posts - here in footer columns - it works perfectly -http://www.janpatrma...mrt-chtel-bych/

However on normal it is not displayed at all. see - www.janpatrman.cz

I tried many different things to get it right. But nothing worked.

here is the widget code.

<div class="fb-like-box" data-href="http://www.facebook.com/#!/patrmanjan" data-width="175" data-show-faces="true" data-stream="false" data-header="false"></div>

Here is the printscreen of my templates is attached.

Could you please have a look what I have set wrong. Thank you for your help.

Jan

patrman    0
patrman

Hey Danny.

I am not using the third party section. I used normal html code generated by Facebook.

And when I changed the code (to different link) the wiget for some reason stopped working.

Danny    1,327
Danny

OK, I apologise, I assumed you were using the Facebook All in One section.

If the widget stops workings, it is either caused by a plugin or the code is not correct. When viewing your homepage, you have three errors which may be causing the issue, it appears the error is related to YouTube?

http://d.pr/i/Gnn

I recommend you review the code provided by facebook and see if there are any errors. If this doesn't resolve the issue, try removing the YouTube embed code, if that doesn't work, disable Plugins.

Please search our forums, before posting!

patrman    0
patrman

I went through different setting, however, the witget is not working on any page on my site.

Even on pages where are not errors.

I turned all plugins and Facebook section, but it is still not working.

Could there we some hidden setting - do not show html in widget?

Rob    547
Rob
And when I changed the code (to different link) the wiget for some reason stopped working.

You changed the code Facebook provided?

If that's so, then you need to return to Facebook (FB) for the code for the link you wish. As I understand it, they're specifically coded and that code is not intended to be edited.

I have some FB code on my own site and if I try to change it, the entire widget it is in vanishes.  So the best solution would be go back to FB and get the proper amended code and paste that.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

onlinedesigns4u+    1
onlinedesigns4u

Hi Guys, 

Im having some difficulties with my "Facebook Like, Message Box". Im using the dms shortcode to add Facebook like, twitter and google+ to the pages, no 3rd party plugin.

When you click the Facebook like button, normally a drop down box with a thumbnail image appears giving the user the opportunity to comment with the shared link to Facebook.

The problem i have is the drop down box is only as wide as the Facebook like button, which is only 76px wide. The user cant see the text area to write comments nor can they see the whole thumbnail image they are sharing.

Any ideas, i see this is an old thread, hoping it still gets monitored by you guys.

Facebook-Like-Box-Error1.jpg

Danny    1,327
Danny

onlinedesigns4u Can you create your a new topic please, as this topic nearly one year old. In your topic can you provide a link to the site in question please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• MissT
      By MissT+
      Regarding the 'global option' mentioned by Simon in this previous post (to turn off the facebook opengraph data if you are using another plugin that provides it) ...where is this option? I don't seem to be able to find it.
      Many thanks in advance.

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I'm sure this is just user fatigue...but where is the setting to delete the Facebook button in the Splash section of Teamwork? You'd think it would be in the Splash area, but it seems
      to be hiding elsewhere!  You can barely see it... I didn't even notice it until I changed the image. 

• Jeffrey Salim
      By Jeffrey Salim+
      When trying to activate the Facebook Plugin, using the Bootstrap Theme under Platform 5, the following Fatal Error occurs:
      Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' in /wp-content/plugins/pl-plugin-login-facebook/libs/fblogin.php on line 35
      If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated...
    • tristanrodgers
      By tristanrodgers+
      Hi there!
      I'd love to have some social media buttons in my navbar like my online-shop has!
      http://mc1r-magazine.com/
      Can someone explain me how to create them? I tried a lot but don't know how to realize them...
      Greetings from Germany,
      Tristan
    • thesongchanneler
      By thesongchanneler
      Hello,

For some reason, when I widgetize an image by, uploading the media, linking it to a page, and dropping the html into a widget area in the "widget" tab, the thing works, but the image shows up SMALLER on the screen than when I just upload it as a pic in a "media box" component via pagelibnes. I can make the widget image bigger in the media file, but then it is blurry, whereas, automatically it is bigger and crystal clear when uploaded as just a media. My screenshot file was too big too attach, but please see webpage: devorakalma.com. The top pic (of the girls with the pink text) is just a media file; below it is the file in a widgetized area...   it is at 12/12 capacity and cannot be made bigger in editor. And as said, it just becomes blurry when made bigger in media. IS THERE A WAY TO DIRECTLY MAKE THE MEDIA BOX IMAGE CLICKABLE? Instead of going through dropping it in a widgetized area? I just want it to be large and clear, the way the top image looks. And to be able to click on it. Thank You!