Sign in to follow this  
steck1983

Jigoshop Thumbnail images in child theme

steck1983

Hi Guys,

I've gotten going now with Jigoshop for Pagelines Framework version 1.4.7 to complete a site. Im currently using the pagelines framework developer edition v 2.3.8.

Ive build a child theme for the framework and am currently emplementing the shop component.

Now everything was going well building the shop, making layout etc.. until I reached the single product page. For some reason I'm unable to add thumbnail images of each product as per http://forum.jigoshop.com/kb/managing-orders/adding-images-and-an-image-gallery. Now doing some research I found some people were having problems viewing the "add featured image button". In my case this shows up fine and I can generate the featured image, but cant get the thumbnails to work. Nothing happens at all I only get one image.

Just in case I tried adding the following to my functions.php in the child theme:

add_theme_support('post-thumbnails, array('post','product', 'slider-item'));

This didnt do anything either..

Any ideas?

James B

Hi there, so from the jigo tab in the wp admin area, you're going into 'add new product' and filling the information in there. Then using the featured image tab from the right hand side add an image from the existing media library or upload. I've just tested and it seemed to work ok, see below.

http://screencast.com/t/tkaUVVABh

You've got the main jigoshop plugin installed as well as the integration? Are you seeing anything appear in the space where the image is meant to be? Are you able to add featured images to standard posts and see the thumbnails appear in the blog page?

I'd suggest deactivating any other third party plugins to see if any of them are conflicting with jigoshop in anyway.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

steck1983

K thank james, I deactived and reactivated all my plugins and it seemed to fix things. Not sure why that fixed it maybe a cache thing...

As far as the product thumbnails go, have you tried floating them to the right so they align vertically with the feature image to the left. Ive been messing around trying to get this to work with no success. There appears to be an .image as the root container, but it seems as though it inherits its width from another variable some where.. I added a container around it and the thumbnails by removing the thumbnail action then adding a custom action in my functions.php (a copy of the original, with extra div added) but even though the source should allow you to make a 2 column layout it doesnt seem to work.

Any ideas?

James B

Hi Steck

Sorry, I'm not sure I follow what your trying to do in the above post.

Looking in the css I can edit and align the image using the below

div.product div.images img {
    -moz-box-sizing: border-box;
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.4);
    border: 1px solid rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.4);
    box-shadow: 0 1px 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4);
    float: right;
    width: 200px;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B