Sign in to follow this  
scotmanfrontiernetnet

Sidebar Issue

scotmanfrontiernetnet

I know the sidebar can be changed to deafult right to default left by using the following instructions but this feature seemed to quit working for me. My website I want to have the default sidebar on the left is at.. http://nichewebsitestrategy.com/blog the settings are setup at the page level like explained below but it still is showing the sidebar on the right. Here are the instructions I used to use before to change the sidebar position but like I said they don't work now...

This is done at the page level. Goto your page under your WordPress backend. Then click edit page of the page you want to edit. Scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see a box that says Page Options look for the settings... Sidebar Side (optional - default right) Select the side of the page you would like the sidebar to show up (this page only - defaults to right).

cmunns

On a page level, yes...however, the blog page itself is handled differently than other "pages"...Did you try setting it globally? Or do you not want it on all pages?

scotmanfrontiernetnet

Not wanting it on all pages. Just the blog..I am not sure how you set it globally? I checked over the theme options and did not see where you can set it globally. If you talking under the theme options then sidebar their is no way to specify whether the sidebar is used left or right. I am using the newest WhiteHousePro theme. Thanks for your help.

cmunns

Okay Scott this is easy to adjust. The blog page by WordPress is actually referred to as the home page although you can change that...so in header.php you need line 90 to look like this `

` with the additional is_home() conditional added

scotmanfrontiernetnet

I did try to add this. To meet all or any one of the three conditions it would return sidebar 'left'? I tried the code below, just as I wrote it and nothing changed. I am using the secondary sidebar instead of the default sidebar if that helps.

<div class="container fix <?php if (m_pagelines('sidebar_layout', $post->ID, is_home()) == 'left') echo 'sidebar_left';?>">

Thanks cmunns for your help.

cmunns

It doesn't matter which sidebar is selected. I just realized that my code got cut off. It should be like this `

`