Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to connect correct url to icons

3 posts in this topic

For the standard facebook icon in my header I do not get the correct address asigned to my facebook page, it always includes my whole homepage address as well (adds it infront of my facebook address), how do I connect the right address to my icon? exampel

Question no 2, I wish to have more icons (not the once provided in Pageline framework) like e-mail, telefon, address icons and I wish to group them together with the facebook icon I have in my header, any idea how to place and group them, assign address and where can I find these icons?

anyone out there who can help, I have spent hours trying and are about to give up :(

Hi Malin

I believe that the right format is for example

with http:// before

You can pick your URL facebook from the browser and then go to

Pagelines > Site Options > Header and Footer 

and copy the URL in

"Your Facebook Profile URL"

1 person likes this

it worked directly, I only forgot to put "http://" before my www.facebook......

Do you have equally good solutions to my other problem?

Ps thanks a million for solving the facebook issue!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• icons showing as squares
      By jmorby+
      We have multiple urls pointing to the same base site.  

When the site is accessed as the icons show fine but when accessed by one of the other aliases (such as the icons just show as squares
      I've previously searched the forums and found other people with the same problems, but I've never seen an answer to this
      Attempting to search today and I keep being told I'm doing too many searches and / or there are no matching results ... I've asked through the chat on the site and have been told to ask the question here, so here I am.

If this has been answered before ... I can't find it ... so please post a link to the answer (not just "go search, you'll find it" - tried that)

If it hasn't been answered then it would be great to see a fix for this as it is proving troublesome to say the least
      I presume it is some form of xss / hotlinking protection, but I can't see how to disable it / list the "authorised" urls / etc

• Can we add a URL link to a Media Box image?
      By ipitts+
      We are using Pagelines >> DMS2 theme. We are using the DMS2 Media Box module on several pages throughout our site. The media box includes an image thumbnail with hyperlinked text (below the thumbnail - located in the embedded HTML text editor).  We would like for users to be able to click on the image in addition to the accompanying text. Is there a way to add a hyperlink on the image itself?
      Please see the attached screenshot. You'll see we have "Compatibility Matrix" thumbnail image & text within the "Text & Embedded HTML" section that provides an <a href="...."></a> to direct visitors to another page. 
      We tried to follow this post (, but it did not help us solve our challenge. 
      Thank you very much for your help,
      Marie Thiele
      Marketing Coordinator, Syn-Apps LLC
      media box.tiff
    • When Will Latest Font Awesome Be Added to iBox
      By bartoncollege
      I was perusing the master list of Font Awesome icons at and noticed that there are many new ones that are not available in iBox's dropdown menu.  Will these be added in the next DMS update?
    • Make 5 different media box images and text hyperlinks to 5 pages elsewhere on site
      By mnagillum
      As noted elsewhere on the Forum, the Media Box section doesn't have an option to enter a hyperlink to link to another page on my site, Can someone please advise me on the exact code to use in my child theme (or Jetpack Appearance file) to make the five media boxes (Program Design, etc.) clickable links to the five corresponding areas shown in the menubar? Thanks in advance for any/all help.
    • How to use Bootstrap Glyphicons?
      By hrachovec
      I'm using DMS2 which I understand is based on Bootstrap 2. I'm trying to insert a glyphicon based on the bootstrap 2 method here:
      But it doesn't seem to work. My page is here:
      My code is:
      <a href="/get-quote/"><i class="icon-envelope icon-white"></i> QUOTE</a>Any suggestions, or are the glyphicons just not part of DMS2?