Sign in to follow this  
micheldv

Breadcrumb Navxt - why not in "Page templates" ?

micheldv    0
micheldv

Note : sorry for my English, I am french speaker (Belgium).

I would like to know why "Breadcrumb Navxt" section is not available in the "page templates" part ?

We can have a "Breadcrumb Navxt" in the header or in the "content area" but this last one is not appropriate in three cases : 

(1) if the breadcrumb is too long

(2) if we have section above the content area (exemple of the feature section above content section in the "page templates").

(3) the content of the main page will be below of the height of the right-colomn (see in attachment)

I am really sad because I need a breadcrumb (submenu in my new website - ergonomical reason) but neither the header and content area are appropriate :s

Do you think you will fix this problem in a shortly upgrade ?

Thanks,

Michel

post-31946-0-23166200-1358117009_thumb.j

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

The BreadCrumb NavXT section that allows BreadCrumb NavXT to work within PageLines is a third party section. If you're having an issue or a feature request, you will need to contact the author. You can find the contact details for the developer here.

http://www.pagelines.com/store/sections/navxt-breadcrumbs/

Please search our forums, before posting!

paramarketing    0
paramarketing

You should not sell it on your site if it does not work. 

Danny    1,327
Danny

The section does work, we are actually using it on our documentation. http://support.pagelines.me/docs/ If you have an issue with the section, or wish to provide feedback or suggestions, please contact the author of the section. http://www.pagelines.com/store/sections/navxt-breadcrumbs/

Please search our forums, before posting!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• King Creative Design
      By King Creative Design+
      WordPress 4.2.2
      DMS2 Version: 2.1.9.3
      Skeleton theme

Site URL - http://newsite.ocdla.com

1.) I'm working with the Page Title Section and it looks like it might do what I want it to do, but if so I can't figure out which settings to use.

2.) I have the Page Title section set up on the 'default page template', which i'm using for most pages on this site, as they all have the same layout.

3.) I need every page to have a different title (obviously, hence why I'm using the section) but I want them to be different from what the page title is in the actual WP page doc. I see that there is there is an override in the DMS editor for this section, however when I change it, it changes all pages globally. Is there a way to do this so every page can have it's own separate overridable title?

4.) Currently it appears how I want it to because I have done a workaround by naming the WP pages (from within the WP dash) what I need them to say. The beauty of this workaround was that the client would not have to open the DMS editor to make changes to these titles and could edit them right from the WP dash, however I have discovered that it will mess with the site search function as well as not being ideas for SEO.

5.) I'm open to using a different section to achieve this effect so If you have another solve or a different section that might work better, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

• nfp1900
      By nfp1900
      I've used the Nav XT before and it usually just works but with 5.1.1,  version 1.0 of the section and the latest DMS I can't get the homepage to show up. The settings are correct and "Place the home breadcrumb in the trail" is checked. 

If I adjust the parent page then all of those do show up OK. Any ideas?

If I inspect the element it's capturing the homepage but not displaying it: http://screencast.com/t/pLWVpwhgOaER

• jagipson
      By jagipson+
      I have 2 pages that require a custom page template. Is it  possible to use custom php templates in DMS? I created the files added them to the DMS directory (Like I would with a standard theme) But I am not able to select it from the edit page screen.
      I know DMS uses a diffrent template system but I was hoping someone knows a work around because I really want to use DMS on this site (Almost finished hate to restart now). Maybe I could turn it into a section? or a hook? (That goes over my head but willing to learn)

Thanks For the help

site url:http://webdesignforrecruiters.com/onpoint
    • dchetson
      By dchetson+
      There is a significant amount of padding in the breadcrumbs box of my site (www.chetson.com). I cannot figure out how to reduce the padding to just the height of the actual text. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • mtaus
      By mtaus+
      I have 3 different forms on 3 different pages. Each form is a JavaScript embed, which I've placed in a Media Box. I save each page as a different Page Template using the following names:

However, each time I 'Update Template With Current Configuration' the system overwrites all 3 templates... but only those templates. All other templates remain the same. 

Also, I should add that I can see that each of the 3 pages is maintaining it's association with its own template, as evidenced by the yellow template unlock element.

Has anyone else seen this?

Is this a result of the way I've named the templates?