Sign in to follow this  
dtavoulariscomcastnet

Quick Help With Adding Bottom Footer... and How's My Site Looking?

dtavoulariscomcastnet

Hello all! I have finally finished my website... it took my quite a while to get the whole thing put together, but it's pretty much complete! One question I have is, how do I add a "sentence" footer where I can put copyright information, etc? Here is the site: Any opinions about it would be awesome too! Take My Mac Thank you!

dtavoulariscomcastnet

Also, another problem I am having is the slideshow for pictures. It shows up fine on my MacBook Air, but when on a widescreen laptop, the photos fly off the slides and cannot be seen. Suggestions?

cmunns

Damon, You can manually edit the footer.php and hardcode a copyright in there, but it may be easier to add it to the Legal section widget on the bottom? Also, can you post a screenshot of what's happening on the widescreen laptop? the site looks great...I'm actually going to be needing your service for my old macbook!

dtavoulariscomcastnet

Hello, cmunns! Thanks for the reply back! I rather would hardcode the copyright on the bottom. I'll try to figure out how to do that! Also, I got the slideshow fixed. I had to use "none" for the slideshow effects so the images on the slideshow wouldn't go flying off the slide. When I get on the widescreen laptop, I'll revert to old slide settings and I'll post a picture of what happens. Thank you also for the compliment! It would be nice to see you use Take My Mac! If you have anyone else interested in using the site, please feel free to spread the word!

bryan-hadaway

The best way to add your own custom copyright without hard coding files (which makes upgrading a hassle) is to use the full width bottom sidebar. In Appearance > Widgets add this in a text widget to full width bottom sidebar: `

© 2010 Whatever Company. All Rights Reserved.
` Then in all your pages, while editing them individually check the show the full width sidebar box. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but anything is better than hard coding if you intend on upgrading your theme in the future. Thanks, Bryan

dtavoulariscomcastnet

Very true. Thanks again for the help! I will go ahead and do something like that.