Sign in to follow this  
King Creative Design

Full width sidebar customization

King Creative Design+    0
King Creative Design
I'm trying to get rid of the padding all the way around the full width sidebar in the morefoot section without affecting the main and secondary sidebars (http://campmakebelievekids.net/?page_id=132).

This is what I come up with in Firebug, but I can't figure out how to exclude the sidebars. Sorry... I'm newish to CSS.

.widget .widget-pad {
    padding: 10px;
}

Michele

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi Michele,

We aren't supposed to simply provide the CSS anymore but inform you to use Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools. However, seeing as your newish to CSS, add the following to your custom CSS and it should resolve your issue.

.section-sb_fullwidth .widget-pad, .section-sb_fullwidth .textwidget {
padding: 0;
}

I recommend you review the code I have provided above and then use Firebug/Browsers web dev tools and use it to get more experience.

Please search our forums, before posting!

King Creative Design+    0
King Creative Design

Ok, I will... thank you for that, I really appreciate it. I do use Firebug and can figure out the more basic rules no problem, this one was just stumping me. I will look elsewhere for more CSS knowledge.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• eglashcreative
      By eglashcreative+
      Hi all,

I've painted myself into a corner.

I need a simple, open, non-columnized text area to add below the main footer area. I've used Full Width Sidebar and Contentbox in other areas of the site, so they're unavailable. If I clone the Contentbox, there are no site-wide options to make it useful as a footer for all pages.

The footer section options are limited. Morefoot required three columns. All I want is a simple, one-line sub-footer. Contentbox would've been perfect.

Thanks. Any ideas?
    • itsjoelcas
      By itsjoelcas
      I would like to be able to change the background color of the Full Width Sidebar and make the border look like this (Pic below)

Help? 
        This is how the website looks now    

http://maggyfrancois.com

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

• sugarshoots
      By sugarshoots
      I was wondering if there is any documentation that I've somehow overlooked that explains the difference between the sidebar options (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Universal, Full Width, Content)
      I checked out this page (http://www.pagelines.com/docs/sidebars-widgets), but it doesn't seem to fully answer my question (what's the difference between the universal and full width sidebars, etc.)

Also, how do we get a drop down on a secondary nav bar, is that an option?
      Site: [link removed]

Thanks so much!