marklamberth

Platform Pro is inserting "#" on my URLs.

marklamberth    0
marklamberth

Hi there, I have been using Platform Pro for a while for my website - Http://LetsDoEnglish.com.  It's been working well.  However, recently I completely reinstalled my site to get rid of some problems I was having.  When I did, Pagelines began creating a '#' symbol after all of my URLs.  Now when I do a page speed check, google is redirecting from the root URL/ to root URL/#.

I called my hosting company (hostmonster) and they said they had never heard of it.  I checked all over Wordpress forums and no one had ever seen it.  And finally, when I installed another theme, the # sign disappeared at the end of my URLs.  

What's going on here?  Thank you for your help.

James B    436
James B

Hi there, have you added any tracking scripts to your site? Or any other scripts for that matter? Someone seemed to be having a similar problem here and that was the cause - http://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-adding-strange-code-to-end-of-permalink-urls

I'd also suggest deactivating any third party plugins to see if the # goes away or not. Make sure you clear all caches first.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• mrmyth
      By mrmyth
      Hello:
      I have several sites on Host Gator that have been using Platform Pro. This template was great for me until recently, when after a Word Press update, all the sites just have the page heading and all the rest of the content doesn't display.
      Thanks for your help.

• David
      By David+
      We are building a long-page scrolling site with Pagelines 5. Our menu is made with # links that go to a container's unique ID, e.g. container_ux7al6g
      This works, but it doesn't look great in the menu. Is it possible to assign a 'nice' # link, e.g. /#solutions ? 
      We used to do this in the DMS2 platform through a workaround, but that doesn't seem to be possible now. 
      Any suggestions? 
    • ipitts
      By ipitts+
      Greetings! 
      We are using Pagelines >> DMS2 theme. We are using the DMS2 Media Box module on several pages throughout our site. The media box includes an image thumbnail with hyperlinked text (below the thumbnail - located in the embedded HTML text editor).  We would like for users to be able to click on the image in addition to the accompanying text. Is there a way to add a hyperlink on the image itself?
      Please see the attached screenshot. You'll see we have "Compatibility Matrix" thumbnail image & text within the "Text & Embedded HTML" section that provides an <a href="...."></a> to direct visitors to another page. 
      We tried to follow this post (http://slickmedia.co.uk/blog/glenns-blog/pagelines-dms-mediabox-add-link/), but it did not help us solve our challenge. 
      Thank you very much for your help,
      Marie Thiele
      Marketing Coordinator, Syn-Apps LLC
      480-355-6822
      mthiele@syn-apps.com
      media box.tiff
    • mnagillum
      By mnagillum+
      As noted elsewhere on the Forum, the Media Box section doesn't have an option to enter a hyperlink to link to another page on my site, ndtest.mamulligan.com. Can someone please advise me on the exact code to use in my child theme (or Jetpack Appearance file) to make the five media boxes (Program Design, etc.) clickable links to the five corresponding areas shown in the menubar? Thanks in advance for any/all help.

• dadomagico
      By dadomagico
      Hi,in my site http://www.mobiliariofarmacia.es/
      at the top appairs this error:
      /** Outputs the WordPress header. */ require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-head.php');
      How can i resolve?
      I have updated the theme and also wordpress ma doesn't work
      Please Help me!