mightaswell

Page Specific NextGen Gallery in Sidebar

mightaswell    1
mightaswell

Hi All,

It seems like this would be a common question and a trivial task in PageLines, and I apologize if it has been answered previously, but I could not find it.

The site I am working on is for a tour company, I have a page for each tour and a nextgen gallery containing images from each tour.

I am trying to add a NextGEN Slideshow widget to the sidebar BUT set the galleryID on a page by page basis and I just cant figure it out.

This seems like it should be easy.. 

Ideas?

Chris

James B    436
James B

Hi there, the sidebars in pagelines are universal so there's no option to set the widgets on a page by page basis unfortunately.

You could create mutliple widgets, one for each page placing them all in the sidebar and then use a plugin like 'widget logic' to chose which ones to display on which pages.

You can find widget logic here - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-logic/

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

mightaswell    1
mightaswell

Thanks James.. I appreciate it.

Is the Carousel the only "section" that interfaces with NextGen? It would be great if banners sets could be created easily from a nextgen galler using the images meta data (like description) for the text...

James B    436
James B

Hi there, the carousel is the only section at the moment which feeds in content from Nextgen directly, most will work off of a custom post type. That's a good idea though, there might be a plugin on wordpress.org which can turn nextgen content into custom post types you could use to replicate that effect.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Anthony CALCI
      By Anthony CALCI+
      Hello,
      I have switched from the Framwork theme to DMS theme on http://calcipatrimoine.theproofingcompany.fr (miror site of http://calci-patrimoine.com).
      But I have now only the Primary sidebar in the Widget section ! Secondary sidear, Footer sidebar have all disapear...
      Can I have help to have them back ?
      Regards,
      Anthony
    • cstudio
      By cstudio
      How do I control the lightbox effect on the plugin "popthumbs"?  On mobile, it opens up much to small then when expanded it opens to large.  I would like to control the the lightbox to like 90% of the viewer window but I can't figure out how/where to control that.
      Site example

Thx
    • colleenc
      By colleenc+
      I am having an issue with the size of the font in a text box widget on my sidebar. It has me completely baffled because I have two text widgets on my sidebar and the other one is displaying perfectly. 
      The sole difference between the two is the amount of text in the widget, but that can't be the problem.
      My site is: loveandnudes.com and the text widgets are on the right side at the top. 
      I have duplicated the one with the issue and I am fiddling with it right now to see if I can find a solution. But I would love any suggestions. I though CSS would do the trick, but either I tried the wrong thing - or I put it into the wrong place.
      Thanks for your help!
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      Is it possible to add a sidebar only for one post category? Without adding extra plugins or editing the theme code? 
      I have 4 categories of posts (blog post, news, job listing, case studies) but I want to have a sidebar only for the blog posts to appear. 
      How can I do that? 
      Thanks!
    • FRevi
      By FRevi+
      I am trying to achieve a gallery (Envira Gallery plugin) that spans the full width of a page, within Platform 5 theme. Can't figure it out.
      The page should look roughly like this: www.frankrevi.photography/envira/favorites-2 (maybe minus the title, that's another story). This is a standalone gallery page and not part of my site. Nothing links to it.
      But instead it is this on the real page: www.frankrevi.photography/favorites.
      Currently I have the gallery in a Pagelines Framework Content section. My framework content wrap is set to unwrapped full width. I'm using all 12 columns. In Pagelines Settings, my Layout/Nav Content Width is set to 100%.
      How can I get the gallery on the real page URL to be the full page width please?