Reduce Space between Branding & Nav

3 posts in this topic

I am working on a site for myself and I have hit a road block with one small portion. I checked the forum, and none of the answers on there fixes my issue or I would not have written. If you check my site, I am just trying to reduce the space between the header/branding and the navigation. I assume it is a little css code added to make the change. I already have my custom CSS installed, so if you all know what I should enter to change the padding in between these sections or any other tweak to fix it I would be very happy.

Hi Jimmy,

You have this in your custom CSS:

body section#branding.container {
height: 190px;

Remove it and it should resolve your issue, but will join both areas together. If this isn't the look you're after and wish to have a gap but have it reduced, then lower the value to something like 160px

1 person likes this

Thanks a million...I installed My Custom CSS, and totally spaced to look at the build in Pagelines CSS extra code section...You rock! All fixed and looking the way I want!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Textbox contents against the side of the screen on smartphones
      By Kempston+
      Good day
      How do I indent textbox content so that it's not flush against the side of the screen on mobile devices?
      When I view Kempston Truck Hire East London on my phone, the text is aligned against the side of the screen and doesn't look right.
      Many thanks
    • How centger navigation in DMS?
      By jeomiland+
      Have searched in the topics for "How to center top navigation" and see Simon's CSS solution from back in 2012, but that didn't work for me. Anyone know how to center top navigation in DMS 2.2? Used Navi in Fixed area, (added Navbar under Navi to experiment, but that may be removed soon.)
    • DMS 2 Navbar menu repeats in hamburger mode
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please? 

• More than 2 Mobile Menus
      By mistrmint+
      Is it possible to include more than 2 mobile menu's on the site?
      I am using 4 menu's but in mobile only the first 2 are clickable.
      Menu 4 is on a standalone page. If I click the menu on this page, the primary 2 menu's appear.
      i.e. Menu 4 is not clickable.

• Header formatting
      By richardjacruz+
      I saw this website build with PageLines DMS:
      I want to have a header that's VERY similar. However, with the fixed area, I'm struggling with how to do that. 
      I want to have a "super menu" under one of the tabs, and drop downs for others, a larger logo to the left like this, a search all the way to the right, and a call-to-action at the top like we see with "Donate" (I want "Request a Quote").
      What area (fixed or header) is best to use for this, and, within that area, what are the best sections to place?