resilientdigital

Hero Section

resilientdigital

Can any one help me, which how i can add a picture as background where i am using hero section?

Same as the blue part of the picture which i attached here

Thanks

Danny

Hi,

I see no image attached ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

resilientdigital
.pl-hero-wrap { background-color: green; }

this is the code which ive already insert to custom code , but i couldnt see any result

resilientdigital

but except the colour i need insert the photo which ive done, 

greenfly

Can you link us to your site please? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

resilientdigital

Martin You mean I give You The username and password for theWp-Admin , yes?

greenfly

At the moment we see the following

9XW16.png

What you require is an image rather than the blue background am i correct? Which part of the site you linked us to are you trying to emulate? 

I have tried to look at the code of your site using Firebug and you don't seem to have hero Uint section applied to the template.

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

resilientdigital

ok this the code whic ive inserted already, 

actually i need just add the picture except the sky in that sample website whic ive sent to you , and i need to add one button on it as well. 

post-42569-0-96644200-1357809048_thumb.p

greenfly

There is an error in your code 

Change this

'
'

to this 

As for adding a picture. would you prefer to have a picture instead of a green background? 

greenfly

It appears that you don't have the Hero Unit in your page template. PLease can you DM me a logon for your site and i will confirm that for you. 

resilientdigital

You mean i give you the username and password yes?

resilientdigital

Martin ive already sent you login details to your Inbox

greenfly

Helen - there are a number of errors in your Custom code.

You need to add another '}' to the end of your custom code. you have opened the tage at the beginning after body but not closed them at the end. Everything in your custom code should site between the following 

body { custom code }

so for example you have the following. 

#footer {
    background: url("../images/footer-bg.gif") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #262626;
   color: #FFFFFF;
    font-size: 11px;
    line-height: normal;
    margin-top: 15px;
    padding: 30px 0;
    position: relative;

}

body.fixed_width #footer {
   background: #2a2a2a;
   margin: 0 auto;
}

///body.navbar_fixed .page-canvas {
//    padding-top: 0;
//}

//.content .content-pad {
  //  padding: 10px;
//}

you should have the following at the start of your custom code 

body {

then all custom code goes after this. and finally at the end of the code you need to close with the following 

}

Also - within your code you have the following 

body.fixed_width #footer {

margin: 0 auto;

remove the 'body' so that it reads 

.fixed_width #footer {

margin: 0 auto;}

Danny

Im not seeing any Hero section on your site?

Also please keep in mind we can't design your site for you so if you need CSS help, make sure you've downloaded Firebug and check out http://www.w3schools.com/ for more info.  Also please be sure to read our custom CSS doc - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/

In order to add an image to the Hero section you will most likely want to use:

.section-hero { }

Then use background-image, to add your image.

If your site requires customization, you may wish to consider requesting a quote from one of our authorized Professional designers by visiting http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

Please search our forums, before posting!

resilientdigital

ok, so the p roblem did not solve and when we drag and drop hero section in to header nothing change, 

greenfly

Hi Helen 

There is no issue with your hero unit as far as i can tell. Once you have added the section via Drag & Drop, add some content to it. You currently have an image but no text.  Add some content to the Hero Section and it will appear. 

resilientdigital

Thank You, i will try again now, but the picture which is appear now is not hero section is call out section, so tahts why just the picture is tehre 

resilientdigital

Thanks Marttin, now it worked, i needed to fill the section, 

resilientdigital

just one more question, this one already just fill the center of the page but i need it to cover the whole width of the page, 

how i can make like this?and even from its top it doesnt start from the exactly top , i need to fix it exactly to the to and to the whole width of the page . 

Thank you