By TOUCH Broward
Hi, I just upgraded to version DMS 2.1.1 from version 2.0.7...
I'm running a Child Theme that I created step by step using your instruction in Pagelines Docs... according to your own documentation, using a child theme should prevent a lot of the issues that occur when you publish a core update, and yet when I upgrade I need to spend hours and sometimes days redoing a lot of my work. This is getting very irritating and incredibly frustrating!!!!
After I upgraded this is what's happening:
- A lot of LESS/CSS is no longer worked. Seems new classes were implemented which meant I had to go in and edit or rewrite a lot of my CSS.
- A lot of options that are set via the DMS front-end section option panels are changed or erased. So that means I have to play a scavenger hunt through all my page templates, one by one, and reselect these options...
The biggest frustration is that the font end options for the WP Content/Loop section seem to be gone:
- I can't choose the location of the thumbnail in blog index loop or single post templates!
- I can't determine the length of the excerpt
- I can't choose from magazine or list layout...
All the options available now are:
- Hide media?
- Hide author info?
- Post meta, and
- Thumbnail size...
What happened to the rest of the options?????????!
Here's a screen pic of what the options panel looked like in v 2.0.7 with all the options that don't seem to be available in version 2.1.1
And here's a screen pic of the new options panel for the WP Content/Loop section in v 2.1.1 which really doesn't allow me to customize much...
So, what's up with this? How do I customize my post loop / singlepost without these options???
Our live site (running version 2.0.7)
Click here for our staging site (running version 2.1.1)