Sign in to follow this  
maiora

Upgrading from PlatformPro to Framework

maiora    0
maiora

Hi

I own www.maioraasset.com, which currently runs on PlatformPro.

Given this theme is discontinued, and with PageLines recommending everyone to upgrade to Framework - will I have to do much to maintain the same look as I currently have? i.e. do I have to redo all the settings, re-upload all documents and images, etc? Or is it simply a matter of installing the new theme and status quo is maintained?

Appreciate your help

Nick

Rob    547
Rob

Hello Nick,

You may experience the widgets in the sidebars becoming disorganized.  The solution there is easy; simply moving them from one sidebar to another to put them back in place.

Post and page images should remain intact, but things like your branding image, backgrounds, etc may need to be reinstalled.

Your older custom CSS will likely need to be updated.  So you may experience some changes.

I've done these conversions on fairly complex sites before and it's never taken me more than a few hours. Framework has so much that's drag & drop that it's incredibly easy to set up. Also, there's a Store with tons of free resources as well as premium plugins, sections and themes to help make your transition as easy as possible.

You may want to start off spending some time reading our documentation at http://support.pagelines.me/docs

• Like 1

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kelliemumpr    0
kelliemumpr

Hi,

I'm about to upgrade from Platform Pro to Framework, but noticed it's given me two options - Pagelines Framework Professional and Pagelines Framework Professional - Standalone. Just wondering what the difference is?

Thank you.

Kellie

Rob    547
Rob

Hi Kelli,

Please open a new topic as this one's already marked resolved. Also your question is different and deserves direct attention.  Thanks for your understanding.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• dougalperman
      By dougalperman+
      Hi there,
      I'm a big fan of Pagelines, and have been for years.
      I'm trying to control the size of video embeds and having some difficulty. I see that I can just paste the Vimeo video URL into the post and an embed widget will automatically appear, which is great. But the embed box created is much taller that the video (689 x 1000 pixels) so the content sits in the middle of a tall black box, which looks awkward.
      I tried using the full iFrame embed code from Vimeo, which solved the disproportionate embed frame size (or aspect ratio) issue, but despite specifying the dimensions I want (690 x 388), the videos displayed on the post are sized at 300 x 150 pixels.
      I can't work out how to change either.
      I'm using the latest version of Pagelines Framework (Pro) with the Agency them.
      Any help or advice very much appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Dougal
    • primaitalia
      By primaitalia+
      Hi
      Exited about the new Platform 5, but just started building a site in DMS2 and want to upgrade it to Platform 5. In the Facebook User Group it was a post that had a few steps to do this, and one of them was to copy the content from DMS into Platform 5. My question is on how do I really copy the content so I can keep all the work I have done so far?
      Thanks and best regards,
      Carl 
    • micstepl
      By micstepl+
      What is actually framework?
      - is ist that, what we used some years ago?
      - dös it replace DMS2?
      Usage
      - can I use framework beside of DMS2?
      - how do they relate?
    • almanada
      By almanada+
      2 year DMS Framework Dev Member here:
      Nothing is saving on our websites, our Key is no longer registering, emails have gone unanswered.  The DMS theme seems to be overall malfunctioning.   I just want it to work like it worked last week again please. Also, based on our your website is looking, it's also falling apart. Please Advise ASAP!  Our clients have a much shorter temper with us, because we actually offer a way to contact us.  We have reinstalled the latest theme over and over. 
    • Simon
      By Simon
      Please Note: Recent software such as DMS is not affected by this security advisory.   Three days ago we were alerted by Securi via email that there were a couple of problems with two of our legacy themes, namely PlatformPro and PageLines Framework.

We take security seriously, so we wasted no time updating the free versions of these themes on the WordPress Repo and updating the pro versions over here at pagelines.com

The following versions of the two themes have been patched and are available from your account area right now.

PlatformPro 1.6.2 [download]
      PageLines Framework 2.4.6 [download]

If you are using the free versions of the two themes available on wordpress.org, those files have also been patched.

PageLines 1.4.6 [download]
      Platform 1.4.4 [download]

In all cases you should see an update available in your WordPress admin area and should update right away.
      In the event that you cannot update the theme we took the time to create a small plugin that will protect your site.
      The plugin will work with all versions of both themes, just install and activate it for immediate protection.
       pl-security-patcher.zip