Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Page rendering differently in Mozilla and Chrome

2 posts in this topic

I am developing a site under and it appears very differently in Mozilla FireFox(V 17.0.1) and Chrome(v 23.0.1271.97 m)

The box images under the quickslider appear in their full size and not resized like they do in Chrome - any suggestions? The images are png 24 and I w2ould have thought that the responsive element will take care of the image sizes.

Adding CSS #boxes img{width:100%} has fixed the issue - I guess it was how Firefox interpreted the css properties after all. Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Edge-to-edge images
      By janpeeters+
      Hi, I have a container with on the left a 6 column image section and on the right a six column text section. I'm not succeeding in getting a edge-to-edge image on the left. Even with padding set to 0, there remains a white gap under and on the left of the image. So I'm researching if I'm overlooking something, if I've found something that could be improved in PL5 or if this is 'by design'?
      I've set site lay-out in settings to 100%. I've set pl-framework-base to 'full width'/'unwrapped'. (sidenote: in the end I want to have this 'read width' but for testing purposes I set it to full width. This might ask for an override function in the editor so people can always choose to full-width a section although other content is read width.) The images beneath show the settings and lay-out. 
      I've set all padding on the container to 0, but there remains a gap underneath the image and on the left. 
      I've done the same for the padding on the image.

I've inspected this with Chrome Dev tools and it shows the following:

I could create custom CSS to remove these spaces but for PL5 to be even more flexibleI I would think that being able to have edge-to-edge images without too much hassle would be a great feature. You see this a lot in recent webdesign. But I might be overlooking something and it is already possible. 
      I've done some testing with the Window Height setting. I think it would be great if images could fill their container edge-to-edge too with this setting active.
      I've tried to make the image taller but then the aspect ratio changes. A locked aspect ratio function would be great for this. With responsive designs images get cropped all the time so for me cropping would not be a problem. Keeping it's aspect ratio locked automatically or as a setting would be nice. I guess most designers wouldn't want it unlocked. 

That's it, a whole visual story. I hope that it's clear what I'm saying if not let me know and I'll try to clarify. 
      Thanks, Jan
      (by the way, the current forum software you're using is really the best you've had. It works so easily, brilliant)
      There seems to pop an image at the bottom that I didn't put here, forget about the image below, it's already above.

• REVSlider Issue
      By jermainestegall
      Hello Danny,
      I've been experiencing problems this past week trying to add images to theREV SLIDER section of my wordpress site.  Once I upload an image, it's not visible within the DMS 2 template.  I can't see images in the media gallery or in the slider even when I refresh or clear the cache etc.  Is there something that's disabled now that was only available for 1 year?  I paid for the template.  Also, if I re-install the DMS 2 template will that help reset anything that may have become corrupt?
      Is this a function that only works for a limited time (1 year?)
      thanks again
      Jermaine Stegall
    • Migrating from framework, how to keep content from boxes
      By attac+
      I'm migrating from Framework to DMS now. I have a lot of content made with Framework "Boxes", and wonder what's the best method to keep that content in DMS? 
      I tried to search the forums and support sites, but couldn't find the answer. 
      I'd also take general tips on migrating, the support sites doesn't say much.
    • boxes and sidebar floating outside global content width
      By liberatedspaces
      My site ( started having a couple of weird problems on my home page all of a sudden, without me doing anything. It's run on the latest version of Pagelines Framework.
      1. My Facebook widget that is set to the secondary sidebar to the right of the page content (the info and Open Table widget) is dropping down into the box section
      2. The box section below the content is no longer conforming to the global content width set to 960px in the Site Option Layout Editor and stretching out to the edge of the browser on both sides.
      Any help would be much appreciated!

• Possible Security Issue w/ Framework v. 2.4.6
      By balfred1345
      I got messages from my Sucuri plugin that Boxes, and Grid Portfolio are getting updated by someone other than myself. They were being changed from private to published posts. Here is the message from Sucuri:
      Subject: Post Update
      Login Info:
      Time: April 10, 2015 8:39 am
      Website Info:
      IP Address:
      Boxes (private to published); identifier: 1965; name: Responsive & Mobile
      The Grid Portfolio developer responded to my email inquiry as follows:
      "the section that I built on then v2 of PlatformPro was done in a very typical manner using the PageLines methods available from the core theme. Any security holes would be in the framework as a whole a not specifically to Grid Portfolio."
      Can you please tell me if this is a security issue, and if so, what can be done about it. 
      Thanks very much,