Vicki

MUD theme - Red Cross placement on Menu incorrect

Vicki

Hi,

The little Red Cross icon which identifies the current page in the Mud Menu is displaying over the top of the Menu item name, rather than to the LHS of the item.

Can anyone please help with what to fix?

I saw in another post, that "Batman" had suggested the following fix  (which the original poster had said worked for their problem) ...

#page .main-nav li.current-menu-item {background: none}

But being a newbie, I wasn't sure where this fix was supposed to go!

Thanks for your help ... Vicki

greenfly

Hi Vicki 

You Can add this to the Custom CSS panel in Pagelines > Site options > Custom CSS.

Place the code in between the Body tags and it should work for you. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

batman

Hi Vicki

Martin Davies´s reply is correct.

It is advisable to learn how to do this on your own too.  

Check out 

http://support.pagel...ion/custom-css/

If you need more CSS help, make sure you've downloaded Firebug for Firefox

and check out W3 Schools for more info. 

http://www.w3schools.com/

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Vicki

Thanks guys for your speedy replies  :-)

I inserted that code in the custom code area, and now the little red cross has disappeared completely.  I'm just wondering why that might be please? 

Vicki

Hi,

I inserted the following code, in the Custom Code area of the PageLines dashboard ...

#page .main-nav li.current-menu-item {background: none}

I think I understand why that code would make the red cross disappear (I'm pretty new to this!) but I don't know what code would make it appear to the left of the menu item (as in the Demo site).

James B

Hi there, the cross is applied as part of the bg image, so the instruction {background: none} is removing it completely.

If you want to move the positioning of the item you can do so by adjusting the margins/padding instead. If you provide us a link to the site we might be able to see what needs to be moved and advise further for you.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Vicki

Hi James,

It's just a test site I'm playing around on, to help figure out how all this works, so nothing urgent!

The site is timesaverswebdesign.com.au/test

Thanks  :-)

James B

Hi there, by changing the % value in the below code you can change the positioning of the cross.

body #page .main-nav li.current-menu-item {
    background: url("http://timesaverswebdesign.com.au/test/wp-content/themes/pagelines-mud/img/navicon-red.png") no-repeat scroll 41% center transparent;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B