Sign in to follow this  
koollove

Removing padding from logo image area

koollove    0
koollove

Can anyone direct me on how to remove the padding from around my logo image area? I would like a 1px padding instead of what's there now. I'm able to view the area in Firebug, but I can't figure out how to change the script on the site.

Thanks for your help.

Site: http://www.ezkool.com

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

If you scroll through the html for the branding section in firebug (start at the top of the branding and work down) you'll see it get to a point where a big thick blue border appears around the image, that means that the div the mouse is currently on has the padding applied to it, looks like content-pad in your site. So you'd need to put the class for that content-pad after the class for the branding section as per below. Edit the figure to suit.

Hope that helps

body.fixed_width .section-branding .content-pad {
    padding: 25px;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

koollove    0
koollove

Hi James. Thanks for helping.

Should I copy this code from Firebug and enter it in the "Custom Code" section of Pageline>Site Options? I searched the template for a 'Branding section' to make the changes directly to the file, but I couldn't locate it.

James B    436
James B

Hi there, no don't edit any core files as they'll be wiped on any updates. All custom css you can paste into Pagelines>site options>custom code and it will override the system defaults, plus its safe in there from any updates.

http://support.pagelines.me/docs/site-options/custom-code/

For more information on css inside the framework check out - http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

koollove    0
koollove

Thanks for your help James. It worked. Much appreciated!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• lionel1
      By lionel1
      Hi,
      i try to put some images (Logos) in the Agency module / clients module section
      But i only can put 6 logos though the module propose to add more item
      Thanks for ur help
      Lionel 
      Capture d’écran 2017-06-27 à 20.55.27.png 
    • BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hey there,

I am working on BentleyRolling.com. I used grams on MoonbodySoul.com and all the images are cropped to a square, whether they are square or 4:5 when posted on instagram, they still get cropped to a square. This looks way better than some being squares and some being 4:5. Did something change since I designed MoonBodySoul.com with Platform5? Can you help me crop all images to a square on BentleyRolling.com 

All the best,

Bentley
    • cstudio
      By cstudio
      How do I control the lightbox effect on the plugin "popthumbs"?  On mobile, it opens up much to small then when expanded it opens to large.  I would like to control the the lightbox to like 90% of the viewer window but I can't figure out how/where to control that.
      Site example

Thx
    • lbhansen
      By lbhansen+
      I am slowly getting closer to something I like for the general appearance of my site. What's currently nagging me is trying to remove the top and bottom padding/margin from the image in the header. It seems that I've done what I want with the menu but there was dead space above the image and between the image and menu.
      Trying out padding and margin settings, I got something that came close to what I want but saw odd behavior along the way. Changing either the top or bottom padding to 0 (from blank), removed all padding from the top and sides but left a small band between the image and menu.
      Setting all eight padding and margin settings to 0 removed all except the band between image and menu. (But it seems that entering 0 in only the top or bottom padding option is all that was needed.)
      So, heading into the twilight zone, I changed the bottom margin to -1. That removed the band but allowed the menu to slightly overlap the image. AND, narrowing the browser, or viewing on a phone, caused the band to reappear.
      Perhaps there's also a problem with the menu but I don't see it.
      So that's where it stands at the moment: http://756.a44.myftpupload.com 
      I seems to me that if there is a default padding value, setting it to 0 should be all that's needed to get the two sections to meet perfectly on any device/browser width.
    • Perry
      By Perry+
      Hello There, 
      I am working with Platform 5 and have run into an unnerving problem. I am trying to position my clients picture along the bottom of the container, so that it sits right on the bottom. After a good hour of googling and messing with the CSS I figured I would ask the question here. Below is my screenshot displaying my problem. I will need to do this frequently in the future. 
      My Problem Image
      Unlike in DMS, when I add a margin to an embed or image box it simply makes the container larger while keeping the padding, I cannot have any padding or any space whatsoever on the bottom of my clients image.  Is there a way to remove all padding from the container so I can have this work across screen sizes? If not is there anyway to position an element directly at the bottom of another element in Platform 5? This seems like a basic feature and was easily attainable within DMS. 
      I cannot create an image combining all these elements as it will not scale well on mobile and will make my clients logo unreadable and her face incredibly small. 

Thank you for any help,
      Perry