Sign in to follow this  
bhansel

Full Width Posts by Default

bhansel    0
bhansel

I have a feeling that this may be one of those very obvious things I'm overlooking but nevertheless I can't seem to figure this out. :)  I want my posts to be full width.   I tried setting the Posts Page Layout Mode to fullwidth but it still is defaulting to one sidebar on the right (although it's empty).  I can manually change on every post but this site will have several authors so I want to avoid having to explain that extra step to everyone.  Isn't there a way to fix this?  I can't sent link bc this is an intranet but if you need screenshot let me know.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

-Beth

bhansel    0
bhansel

My homepage is a static page.

catrina    103
catrina

When you edit the page for your Blog (in WordPress page editor), what are the Layout settings in the PageLines Meta Settings? Is the layout set to be full width?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bhansel    0
bhansel

The post layout mode is blog layout and the post page layout mode is set to full width.  I'm using PlatformPro.  I don't know what version - can't seem to find that info...

catrina    103
catrina

Ah, ok. Sorry about that, I thought you were using PageLines Framework. To check the version info, go to Appearance > Themes. The latest version is 1.6.0.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

bhansel    0
bhansel

Ok thx. I'm on 1.5.3.  I did notice the blub at the top about upgrading to 1.6.0 but don't see where to do that.  It's not under misc settings....  Also I'm on Wordpress 3.5. Thx for your help!

James B    436
James B

Let us know if that works for you, we'll leave this thread open for you so you can update.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

bhansel    0
bhansel

I haven't gotten an answer yet....  I'm trying to figure out why my posts pages are displaying full width despite being set that way.

catrina    103
catrina

It would help to have a live link we can look at. Otherwise, we can't take a closer look at it and see what the issue is.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

bhansel    0
bhansel

Phooh.  I can't sent link bc this is a private intranet.  Guess I'll just have to manually set every post to full width.  Just seems like setting the post page layout mode to full width would work.  Thanks for your time anyway!

James B    436
James B

Hi there, I've not used Platform previously but checking on the legacy docs there's an option for 'single post content area' in the layout dropdown. See - http://www.pagelines.com/docs/sections-templates which might be able to help further.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B