millera4

Fixed Menu for Smartphones / navigation

millera4    0
millera4

I am using the most current version of PageLines and was wondering if there was an option or a way to edit any code to fix my menu issue.

when I see my website on other smartphones the menu at the top shrinks and the transforms into a square with lines. when you press on the square you get a list of all the menu items.

I would like the list of menu items of my website  to stay the same way it shows up on computer screens and tablets and not collapse into the square with lines.  

So hopefully I explained this right..... I don't want a collapsible menu for navigation when my website is shown on mobile devices like smartphones. I want the navigation fixed so the user can see all the menu items as soon as the page loads. 

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Adrian 

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi Adrian,

This is part of NavBars functionality, if you wish to simply display your menu and not have it switch to the responsive menu icon, I recommend you switch NavBar with NavClassic.

Please search our forums, before posting!

millera4    0
millera4

Is there a option in pagelines global settings to do that or do I have to put in code for Navclassic ? Adrian

catrina    103
catrina

You need to switch from NavBar to NavClassic in Drag & Drop > Header by deactivating NavBar and activating NavClassic in its place instead.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

millera4    0
millera4

Thanks that worked! but can I change the background of the NavClassic back to black with white text?

Adrian 

James B    436
James B

Hi Adrian

You can using the Simple css lite plugin from the Pagelines store. Its free, you can find more information on it here - http://www.simplemama.com/simple-css/

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

millera4    0
millera4

Thanks everyone!

That really helped! Solved all the Navigation/menu issues so far.

Adrian