Sign in to follow this  
amir

How to create a page that shows only one category?

amir    0
amir

Hi,

I have been looking for a solution that a page loads only a specific category. For example: I like that the Page Tutorials shows only the Tutorials category.  I really appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

Amir

Rob    547
Rob

Amir,

A category page is always accessible, if you know the link and have the taxonomy set up. You can find and view a Category page by going to Dashboard > Posts > Categories and on hover over the Category title, click "View".

Category templates at the Page Template and Content Area levels are fully customizable, but there's no specific 'page' to apply anything to and you can't access settings for special pages. 

You can always create Category pages manually, and apply plugins to pull category-specific content onto them.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

amir    0
amir

One Smart Egg,

I have read about using the link for the category and point the page to that link using plugins.  The problem is that I am working on my wordpress/pageline website to replace it with my existing website that I have been using with Joomla in many years.  The problem is that the entire URLs for all my posts and blogs could get changed which isn't good for SEO.  The main problem is that Wordpress adds the word "category" into all URLs for each individual category.  For example: www.revitclinic.com/category/tutorials

Do you have any suggestion how to cut the word "category" from the URLs?

Thanks,

Amir

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi Amir,

This is a issue with Wordpress, therefore you will need to ask this question on the Wordpress support forums.

Please search our forums, before posting!

amir    0
amir

PageLines Rockstar,

I guessed it before too that it is a Wordpress question, but would you help me with your professional knowledge?  I am sure you know how to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Amir

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

As Danny said unfortunately as it's a wordpress issue we wouldn't be able to advise, however I have found the two posts below which might be able to help you further.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/remove-the-category-from-url

http://wordpress.org/extend/ideas/topic/remove-category-base-from-permalinks

Please make sure you back everything up before making any changes.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

amir    0
amir

Advocate,

thank you for providing those links.  I found the correct answer and it works.  I just insert the correct answer in my post if anyone else is looking for it:

In your Permalinks options, set your

"Custom Structure" to:

/%category%/%postname%/

and your

"Category Base" to:

/.