koollove

Category Page Not Displaying Background Image

koollove    0
koollove

I'm using PagelinePro. I am using some of my categories as menu links, but when you click on these links, the background image does not show up. If I make a "standard" page (like an "about us" or "contact us" page) for the menu bar the background image shows up for that page.

I went in the setup for category pages and uploaded the image there as well, but still no luck.

Is there a way to make my global background show up on all pages, including the category pages?

site: http://www.ezkool.com

Rob    547
Rob

Is the background setup properly in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Color Control?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

koollove    0
koollove

Thanks Rob for responding.

In the Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Color Control section, I have the background uploaded, set to repeat vertically with fixed background attachment. But the background still doesn't work on the links for categories.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Please try disabling all non-PageLines plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

koollove    0
koollove

Thank you Danny. I did what you suggested and the issue is resolved. Much appreciated.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• SaschaM
      By SaschaM+
      Hello,
      sorry. i got a problem on my site i can not fix myself, would be nice somebody can help.
      I use:
      - Platform 5 (latest) Pro
      - Pagelines Framework (latest for Platform 5)
      - keycdn (cdn enabler, cache enabler und optimus WebP)
      - my site:  example
      Problem:
      The background image i use in the Impulse Section is not beeing replaced automatically if i specify a CDN Url. I need to put in the cdn url to the image manually. Why?
      If you look in the button of the the side you see post grid section, where i have no problems. You also see there WebP Images working.
      Now i can not really use the direct cdn url for the impulse background image, cause i want to benefit there from WebP Image also in the background as it works in post grid section.
      How does it works with Impulse? The webP image for the background is ready to use.
      Thank you.

• flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      I am working on a site that uses post categories to organize a large collection of cocktail recipes (such as 'Fall Cocktails', 'Winter Cocktails', 'Spring Cocktails', and 'Summer Cocktails'). I am trying to style the category pages so that a user will land on the Fall page and see the fall posts in a two-column setup. The Pagelines Content section has no real post display options to speak of so I am trying to work within the Loops section, which does produce the overall visual effect that we are hoping for. However, it means that I have to create a Loops section for every single category page and tell it to show the posts for that specific category (Fall posts on the Fall Category page, Spring posts on the Spring page, etc). We actually have about 25 cocktail categories so creating unique pages for each category isn't going to be very time effective for us - especially if we want to change a setting later and have to go to each page to do that.
      So, my question is whether or not there is a way to control general category pages or if there are any other good post loop options that you recommend. This used to be much easier in the past versions of Pagelines and DMS so I just want to make sure I am not missing something within this new system.
      Thanks so much for the help!
    • crose
      By crose+
      Hi,
      I am using the Canvas Area section at the top of my site. I have a video playing in the background, which works really well on desktop. But on mobile video doesn't play without user interaction, so I have a static image in place as an alternate image. However when viewed on a mobile device there is now a play button over the static image that does nothing. This didn't use to happen so I imaging it is due to an upgrade. But this is really bad UX. Is there a way to remove it?
      Here is the site:
      http://gator4088.hostgator.com/~asif/
      Thanks in advance.
      Chuck
    • jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Hi
      Have a couple clients who are having background image issues. This should be a basic question so hope fix is easy. How do you get a specified image to auto resize so it fills the browser screen? Client has portrait-format image that's 1000x1000 and the left and right are displaying the background color (white) on my 1440 wide Macbook pro, as it is on client's computer. She has tried clicking "Fit image to page" and repeat background - neither is getting what she expects.  I suggested trying a landscape-format image.
      But the larger question is this - how does one plan a proper background image that will fill the whole screen - left to right - in the browser image and have it scale appropriately?  Should one always have landscape background images? What about scrolling vs not scrolling BG? How plan your BG image so it will fill the screen on laptops, ipads, iphones...  both in landscape and portrait format? Is it true that you can't do it? that either the left-right or top-bottom are cut off depending on the device and orientation?
      2 sites where this needs resolution:
      http://cassclayton.com/dev/
      http://chirecovery.com/
      Thanks!
      JE
    • hibbsy78
      By hibbsy78+
      Mobile layout much better in 5.0.3. There appears to be an issue that it 'super-sizes' the background image?
      http://www.johnhibbs.me