puntNL

Background image responsive failure on tablet

puntNL

Hi people,

I added a background image .png in iBlogPro5. It is responsive on my desktop/ laptop, even when I play with the browser frame ratio,  but not on my iPad 1 and 2. The background images is way to big and not scaled down to correct proportions. (both in landscape and portret viewing mode)

I can't figure out why,.. so who's got an idea to solve this?

p.s.

Is it possible to make the gradient backgrounds of content, widgets etc in iblogbro5 a bit transparent so the background image can be seen 'through it' , I tried some css but no results yet.

Rob

Is the background supersized?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

puntNL

Hi Rob,

The image is 1680px X 1000px vector / png

I haven't spot a supersize option in iBlogPro5..

Concerning my second question, I have tried some css commands with opacity without succes. I can imagine it is possible to get those content and widget backgrounds a bit transparent.

James B

Hi there, there is a known issue with the size of bg images displaying on iphones, this post should help - http://www.defusion.org.uk/archives/2010/02/19/shrinking-large-background-image-bug-in-iphone-safari/

You can set image opacity for items using css - http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_image_transparency.asp

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

puntNL

Hi, problem is that the image won't scale down on iPad ( like it does on my macbook 11")

mackenzie

Hi there - the reason why it's working on your macbook is because that is not considered a mobile device where as the iphone, ipad, etc. is and where the issue is happening. Were you able to check the link James provided?

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

puntNL

Yes, but that link adresses a different problem, Mackenzie.

Concerning the opacity, I checked that link as well but fail to find the exact areas in iBlogPro5 to add the css (backgrounds of content and widget area's

Danny

Hi,

Can you first of all provide a link to your site, as the one in the visible to PageLines staff URL isn't working. Then we can investigate your tablet/phone background image, however, the link James provided is something you should be reading.

http://www.defusion.org.uk/archives/2010/02/19/shrinking-large-background-image-bug-in-iphone-safari/

Secondary, if you wish to find the correct area in iBlogPro 5 you will need to use either Firebug or your browsers web developer tool and inspect your element. Once you find the correct selector of that element, you will want to use the rgba CSS to make these element appear transparent.

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_colors_legal.asp

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

Try resizing the image to one of the sizes that is resizable on the link James provided above and see if this resolves the issue.

puntNL

OK will look at it later this day.. However, that seems to be another background issue than mine.

Danny

Yeah but its best to rule it out first.