Sign in to follow this  
suzannemhoenigyahoocom

Highlight Page Image

suzannemhoenigyahoocom
?page_id=1168&preview=true Above is the screen shot of the page I"m working on:: In the title in the highlight section of the highlight page, I wanted to add an image. But, it doesn't show up! :( Is there a certain pixel size it needs to be in order to show up???? Or am I doing something wrong? Here is the code I am using for that section::
<font face="Brittanic Bold" size="+5" color="#153E7E">Grand Prix 2010

cmunns

The screenshot does not show up and I think your code is incomplete. Can you provide a link instead or try to paste the full portion of the code using tick marks?

bryan-hadaway

That code is out-dated, and should be done with CSS. However, I'm unsure of exactly what you're trying to do? Also, we can't view your preview page. Please try making a screenshot again and just post the link/URL to it. Thanks, Bryan

suzannemhoenigyahoocom

This is my first Page on my own, so I'm not sure why the screen shot is not working. I've been trying to post it. But, basically these are my issues: I am using a HIGHLIGHT PAGE - FULL WIDTH. Under the section titled: Highlight Title (Highlight Page Template) The title in the highlight section of the highlight page (preformatted inside an H1 tag). I have this code

<center
	><font face="Brittanic Bold" size="+5" color="#153E7E">Grand Prix 2010

I want to add a small image in the Title,  <--SIMILAR TO THIS ONE, BUT I HAVE THE ONE I WANT DOWNLOADED INTO THE MEDIA LIBRARY ALREADY.

I want it to say "TX Tough" (image) GRAND PRIX 2010 in the TITLE, but it's not working.

bryan-hadaway

Can you please just go ahead and provide the actual/live link to the page in question? Thanks, Bryan

suzannemhoenigyahoocom
null Here is the LIVE Link: http://www.wearemetro.com/volkswagen/tx-tough-2010/ Here are my problems: Where it says: "> Grand Prix 2010" I need the TX Tough image from above to display in the heading. I want the Heading Font to be a little thicker, but apparently I'm using the wrong codes. Where can I get HTML codes for this website? Also, how do I change the Tab name at the top? I just want it to say TX Tough, not " Don't miss out on the biggest cycling event in the state of Texas" <--That's way to long! Any other suggestions would be nice! Thank you so much for your time and patience! :)

suzannemhoenigyahoocom
TX Tough Highlight PageHere is the live link: My problems are in the heading: Where it says "> Grand Prix 2010". I need the above Tx Tough image to display in my heading. Also, I need my fonts a little thicker but I'm not sure what kind of codes to be using? Is there a website you recommend where I can find the CSS coding? I'm open to any other suggestions to this website. It's my first one, so I'm not sure if I need to add or take away. Thank you so much for your help! I appreciate your time and patience!

cmunns

It seems like you have got the image where you want it. Check out this resource for CSS reference. http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp Also, I would try and cut down on the length of your navigation items so it doesn't wrap to the second line :)

suzannemhoenigyahoocom

I typed in this code from the CSS Resource you gave me (THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR IT BTW);

<html>
	<head>
	<style type="text/css">
	body
	{
	background-color:#E8B846;
	}
	h1
	{
	color:navy;
	text-align:center;
	}
	p
	{
	font-family:"Times New Roman";
	font-size:20px;
	}
	</style>
	</head>

<body>

<h1>HOUSE OF BLUES AFTER PARTY</h1>

The VIP After Party will be held at the House of Blues and can be purchased online for a $50.00 donation each.  Your VIP pass gets you into the headlining band, Reality Bites (playing 80??™s and 90??™s hits), and include food, free drinks (upgraded liquor drinks and beer) as well as a chance to meet some of the Pro racers.  There is only 150 VIP passes available!  Reserve yours today!

Don??™t miss this opportunity to enjoy some of the best bicycle criterium racing available anywhere, while contributing to an excellent local cause!

</body>
	</html>

Because I wanted to divide "House of Blues After Party" from the rest of the webpage (kind of like the video is at the top, then there is a break, and the rest of my information is in the second box), but for some reason it did not give me what I wanted.  Any ideas?

suzannemhoenigyahoocom

ALSO! One more question!! How do I make my Highlight Page show up under a Category tab? I don't want it to show up as a post, just a regular page. My page is complete now, but it's not showing up anywhere on my site.

cmunns

You can't add pages to categories, but you could always nest that page under the category tab using the WP3.0 menus and drop downs. Also, I suggest putting any CSS in the THEME OPTIONS > CUSTOM CODE > CUSTOM CSS area so it doesn't get over written when you update the theme. Finally, Try placing all the House of Blues content in the Content Sidebar Text Widget to get the look and placement you want, but make sure you activate it for that page using the page options :)