Sign in to follow this  
neighbour

403 Forbidden: You do not have permission to access this document.

neighbour    0
neighbour

I have recently experienced an issue where I am trying to alter the page setup. When I click to save settings (eg the page layout with a display of which sidebars etc) I get this error message. I have checked my file permissions and the wp-admin directory has 755 permissions. options.php has 644. I have resaved the wordpress salt passwords and relogged in. I have disabled all plugins and no issue there. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Rob    547
Rob

A 403 error can be the result of a server-based security issue, or as simple as a Permalinks setup issue.

Let's take the simpler approach first and go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks.  I cannot stress this bit enough:  DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING -- just save the settings.  Now check to see if this resolved the issue.

If it did, your problem's resolved. If not, you'll need to consult your hosting company.  This can happen, particularly if an installer was used to implement the WordPress installation.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

neighbour    0
neighbour

This was resolved as follows: it was mod_security that was the issue. The hoster doesn't as a rule permit clients to turn it off. They did it for me and now it works fine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• nickdxin
      By nickdxin+
      I'm using the latest versions of DMS2 and Wordpress and the Sidekick menu version 1.2.7 which I think is still the latest version, and I now need to update the menu. But making any change and trying to save the menu results in a "403 Forbidden Access to this resource on the server is denied!" message. I've checked the permissions and can't see anything wrong and I can make other changes including updating the Hero Nav menu on the same site… sandgateprimaryschool.co.uk. Does anyone know what's going on?
    • saerdna_elfk
      By saerdna_elfk
      Hello,

I'm not sure, if the problem I'm having right at this moment, is a specific pagelines-problem. But when I opend my site today there was this alert at the top of the site:

Forbidden You don't have permission to access /jquery-1.6.3.min.js on this server.

I've made a screenshot:

Has anyone an idea, what happend? The last time I was on the site, there wasn't any problem.

Thank you!

• mustard
      By mustard
      Hey,
      I'm trying to create a small intranet for our company.
      unfortunately I'm unable to post a link to the site as it has sensitive information on it.

I've ran in to this error Forbidden numerous times, and I've done some trouble shooting to see if I can figure it out with no luck.

Trouble shooting done so far:
      I'm pretty sure it's not our host as they host two other wordpress sites for us.
      Disable all "non" Pagelines plugins
      Updated to the newest Pagelines framework
      Updated to the newest Wordpress

I have run into this problem when:
      Saving Page Options
      Adding more than 6 box sets to a page (3 to 8 boxes per set)
      and most recently adding numerous sub pages to a parent page( I can add 6 sub pages to a parent page before I get the forbidden error)

Can someone please shed some light on why I'm getting this forbidden error?

Thanks
      Mustard
    • highreach
      By highreach
      Hey all,

www.changshahua.com

My permalinks have been randomly "unsaving" themselves. To fix this, I go to settings >permalinks>save. This fixes that problem, however after the last time my login (wp-admin) is now showing a 403 restricted and none of my users are able to sign in.

Any ideas?