Guido

Whitescreen after importing settings

nondualit    1
nondualit

After a lot of effort the problem is solved as far as i can make it. Pagelines and suhosin are no friends. When suhoshin is set simulation mode, it does only log and is not blocking anything. With suhosin simulation mode turned on, the import works fine (like on any cheap shared hosts).

The logfile shows:

Jan 13 19:15:48 Debian-60-squeeze-64-LAMP suhosin[13906]: ALERT-SIMULATION - Include filename is an uploaded file (attacker '80.81.xxx.xxx', file '/var/www/xxx/wordpress/wp-content/themes/pagelines/includes/library.options.php', line 898)

This problem was discussed in at least two topics here before:

http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/11043-settings-not-changed-on-import/

http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/10730-import-settings-not-working-take-ii/

Anyhow, whatever it is, (maybe a bug) my settings.dat is now uploaded and i hope it will help others with the same problem.

Fantastic Guido, after reading lot of post not guiding me to any direction, your fix was the fix for my issue also.

for everyone: if you are using Debian 

/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

3) Open the php.ini file and add the following code to the file:

[suhosin]

; Misc Options

suhosin.simulation = On

[On indicates disabled, Off indicates enabled]

restart apache & everythng works again

Simon    247
Simon

You should really be disabling suhosin on a per directory basis, either in its config or using .htaccess. Completely turning it off defeats the object of having it installed in the first place.

Guido    1
Guido

After uploading the settings.dat suhosin can be enabled again. If it is not needed to upload settings files every day, one can live with this issue.

To workaround general uploadproblems with suhosin you can whitelist uploads in the php.ini with the following syntax:

suhosin.executor.include.whitelist = upload://

BUT in this case it does not help... maybe it is a real bug in pagelines or in suhosin..

Rob    547
Rob

Hi Guido,

As we're not seeing volumes of clients saying that they're seeing a white screen when importing settings, my guess is suhosin may have some conflict.  It might well be with WP or one of the plugins you have, or even a bit of code. Honestly, I don't believe this to be a PageLines bug.

I'll keep this open in case someone can replicate the error.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kaiserbrand    0
kaiserbrand

I can confirm Guido's issue: I am also with a German host and had a whitescreen when I tried to upload a .dat file via the PageLines import section (in my case the file included in the "citi" theme).

After turning on simulation mode of suhosin it worked fine.

Thank you for providing this information!!!!

mackenzie    12
mackenzie

To the original poster - is this resolved or are you still seeing issues?

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

Guido    1
Guido

The isue is still there - but i can live with it as long as i know that i have to stop suhoshin when restoring pagelines settings.

Simon    247
Simon

You should really be disabling suhosin on a per directory basis, either in its config or using .htaccess. Completely turning it off defeats the object of having it installed in the first place.

You dont have to 'stop' suhosin.

Guido    1
Guido

Thank you for the suggestion but it does not happen that often that i have to load up pagelines settings. When i need it, i switch it of and after wards i switch it on again. There is no other public website on this vServer so this option is better than disabling suhosin in the .htaccess

Simon    247
Simon

You could have put the htaccess file in wp-admin Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

James B    436
James B

If anyone has any new issues with white screen, please start a new thread so the moderating team can pick it up as a new issue. :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B