Sign in to follow this  
Denis Ciumbargi

Buddypress Template Lost Space

Denis Ciumbargi    3
Denis Ciumbargi

Hey guys!

If i may, i would like to ask for your help again :)

I am trying to alter my buddypress community page template because i am loosing lots of space: around 50 to 100 pixels from the content section. That space for sure can be used for some content and also looks bad as it leaves too much white space on the page, at least for my taste.

This is caused by the padding of each page element. I do not know which one to reduce not to affect the rest of the design to make the other pages, non buddypress related look weird also...

Any help how to reduce all that without affecting the overall code of other pages?

post-31546-0-57231300-1356279553_thumb.p

Where there is love, I'll be there.

Rob    547
Rob

My first recommendation would be to use Firebug for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tool, depending upon your browser preference. This will allow you to see the CSS specifically related to any particular element on your site.  You can copy/paste from there to your Custom Code > CSS Rules area and resolve many issues.

I can tell you that the element you're looking for is:

.buddypress-page #content .padder {
    min-height: 500px;
    padding: 25px;
}

I tested it and reducing the padding to 5, and adding margin-right:-10px;  does help considerably.

• Like 1

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Denis Ciumbargi    3
Denis Ciumbargi

My first recommendation would be to use Firebug for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tool, depending upon your browser preference. This will allow you to see the CSS specifically related to any particular element on your site.  You can copy/paste from there to your Custom Code > CSS Rules area and resolve many issues.

I can tell you that the element you're looking for is:

.buddypress-page #content .padder {
    min-height: 500px;
    padding: 25px;
}

I tested it and reducing the padding to 5, and adding margin-right:-10px;  does help considerably.

Thank you Rob, indeed, i got back plenty of page space. I need to put the padding to left and right only as it does affect the top alignment with the other elements. On the first look no other pages were affected. Thank you.

I will keep this open as still there are some elements that need to be aligned and i need some more details on them. Thank you again.

Where there is love, I'll be there.

Rob    547
Rob

You can always try adding a margin-left:-5px;  to that same snippet.  And of course, you can adjust the numbers I'm giving you too.

If you're using Firebug, you can test using padding-left and padding-right.  That would write the specific padding you want into the one, single padding element, leaving the top and bottom as 25px.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur