loraxio

Bootstrap-Responsive Not In Pagelines (Spec. Modal)?

loraxio

SO I have been banging my head up against the wall trying to figure out why simple things like the modal windows are responsive on the Bootstrap demo site, but not in pagelines.  Even at demo.pagelines.me/tools you can see that the modal window does not respond to small screens like it does at http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/javascript.html

I know that the pagelines party line is that the bootstrap implementation is a full on version, but I think that there may be some issues.  Perhaps it stems from the shortcode implementation, which seems sort of superfluous since bootstrap is already fairly easy to implement on its own.  Why would I need to use 

[pl_buttongroup]

when I could simply use 

<div class="btn-group">

???  Using shortcodes actually limits the functinoality that can be had from the bootstrap components native mark-up.

Bootstrap isn't perfect, but it is made more difficult when the implementation for pagelines seems to be lacking a bit more.

Can anyone shed light on why, at least, modal windows do not behave the way nature intended them to in pagelines?

Simon

Nobody is stopping you using the native bootstrap HTML. We added simple shortcodes for the average user to use. 

Anyway, the media queries were loading before the modal css, so they were cancelling each other out lol..

Next revision will have this fix.

loraxio

So is it fixed for everyone? Thing I love about PLines is the fact that folks help each other out.

I had figured out that I could use native bootstrap HTML. I was just wondering if the shortcode implementation was affecting the native bootstrap.

Anyhow, thanks for looking into this Simon.

There is a GitHub fork that seems to have some really great improvements to the modal bootstrap. I am suffering through a XMas party right now, when I get back home I'll send a link to it.

Simon

I'll release the patched version before new year :)

loraxio

Precisely!  How did you do that so quickly?  Any chance that would be a part of the revision?  I tried implementing it on my own, but I am dangerous on the development side of the house...if it ain't drag and drop for me, it probably ain't happening!

Simon

Its a plugin i threw together, i'll post it here later.

Simon

Added variables:

stack: this holds the content for a stacked modal.

full: make modal full width

width: custom modal with(px)

Attached is the plugin, heres how you 'stack' a shortcode:

[pl_modal title="Parent" type="badge" colortype="success" label="Click me!"]parent content
[pl_modal stack="OMG!!" title="Child" width="760" type="badge" colortype="success" label="wtf..."]
[/pl_modal]

ENJOY

super-modal.zip