Additionnal Selectors (In Site Options \ Typography \ Advanced Settings)

3 posts in this topic

What are the available selectors and how are we supposed to use them here, that is in the site options ?

Said differently, are these additionnal selectors a way to customize site fonts, aside from / overriding my custom CSS, and if so how ?

For instance, is this a way to adjust the settings of "primary font" for plain post text versus keywords ?

I did'nt find any documentation or forum topics pertaining specifically this :(.

Thx in advance !

The Typography Section in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Typography is set up to help you select fonts for various key areas of your site. You have an initial group of fonts to select from or, if you wish, you may implement the Google Fonts plugin via our Store (free) adding over 500 fonts to select from.

Under each selection list, you'll see "Edit Font Styling" which allows you to change basic font styling for that selection.  Additional selectors such as <strong></strong> can be added as well in the "Advanced" options.

Setting things like font sizes, and specific font options in particular places in your site requires custom CSS.  Using Firebug or Chrome's Inspection Tool, this is relatively easy to do.

Please see for additional information.

1 person likes this

Dear Rob,

Thank you for your quick answer; I should have found by myself the relevant PL documentation entry : thanks a lot :) and my bad :( !

I actually searched unsuccessfully docs & forums with the "additional" and/or "selector" keywords... whereas you / PL refer to custom and/or HTML tags. Please forgive me here for my school-level ant not fully W3C compliant English ;)

In concrete terms, using these PL Typography section advanced options, I swimminly set up almost all font properties for some common logical tags (such as emphatic & strong emphatic) that is family, variant, weight, etc. Except style property : the HTML <em> tag, despite being set to normal with this feature, still displays italic text...

This considered (what works fine or does not), I'm still wondering what's the real interest of this feature : tips & tricks I missed ? benefits & drawbacks versus "global / whole site" custom CSS ?

Notwithstanding these questions, I suppose you may consider my problem has been resolved ;)

Best regards,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• iBlog, Whitehouse theme - template confusion and navbar issue with Typography setting
      By jeomiland+
      A week ago I setup a brand new install of Wordpress and latest DMS. Wanted to try the Whitehouse theme but accidently activated iBolg first. Went back and chose whitehouse, but now when I look at the templates area, there are a bunch of Iblog templates there but no whitehouse named templates (and something called iPage Handling in Page Setup column?). Further mystery is there are several whitehouse sections available to add to page.  no iblog sections though...?
      Also having some weirdness with editor. When I change the Primary Text typography to Georgia and a large size (like 24px) the blue navbar separator bars extend down below the bottom of the navbar area.  Using Inspector, I can see I can set height in CSS to deal with that. But while in the DMS editor, I can't see the new text size being displayed! If I logout and view the page, it looks big like I chose in a couple different browsers, but in CHrome while logged in to editor, the font is small
      Any suggestions? Would like to see what my text choices look like without having to log out.
      Site at:
      Wordpress version 4.2.3
      Active Plugins:Anti-Malware and Brute-Force Security by ELI
      several DMS sections/plugins
      Gravity Forms
      PageLines Updater
      Wordfence Security
      Yoast SEO
    • Scaling down h1-h6 in the template area
      By dgsarnow+
      Does anyone know how to scale down the h1-h6 tags within the template section?
      I want to keep the native sizes in the header, fixed bar, and footer sections.
    • Typography not applying
      By dgsarnow+
      I have DMS2 installed on Wordpress 4.0.1 running with the Skeleton basic child theme. The only plugins i have installed and active Pagelines Pro plugin and the Paglines Updater.
      When I make adjustments to the Typography settings, nothing changes on the site. I am trying to set the default text to 16px Open Sans G*.
      To show a clear example, I tried setting the default font to Lobster, but it still shows a 14px Helvetica, Arial (Screenshot attached)
      Any help or insight would be appreciated.
    • Global Settings: Issue changing typography and color settings
      By fintan
      Hi All
      I'm experiencing an odd issue when editing the global settings on the front end.
      I'm unable to make changes to typograpy and site colors.
      If I disable a plug-in (any plug-in) I'm able to make a single change and then unable to make further changes - unless I disable another plug-in (any plug-in).
      I'm running latest versions of:
      WP 4
      My standard set of dev plugins:
      Backup Buddy
      Gravity Forms
      Private Only
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      All in one SEO Pack Pro - Disabled
      Akismet - Disabled
      Obviously this is an admin user issue; if someone in support could take a look at this I'd really appreciate it and can PM admin credentials.
      Many thanks, all help appreciated.
    • Color Control not responding
      By Idesignher
      I think I'm experiencing a glitch.
      In my site options global settings under color control I am applying white #FFFFFF to the body background, page background and content background. I have also uploaded a gradient background image. Yet, when I save and preview my site all I see is my text directly on the background image and the white background that I selected is not there. Yesterday the white background was there, and it seemed to have disappeared when I installed the Facebook plugin, so I deleted the Facebook plugin to see if it would appear again, to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!