Sign in to follow this  
neilp

No Special Pages Option In 2.3.8

neilp

Hi,

Perhaps someone could help me - I am new to this.

I have PageLines 2.3.8 and am creating a site www.greyfinn.co.uk WIP -I am trying to add a blog page to the site.

I have looked at the tutorial videos and read the support documentation and understand that there should be an option in the pagelines panel to create a special page.

I can configure the elements of a blog page within the 'drag and drop' section - but cannot find any way to create a special pages, as there is no option in the panel. (see image)

I am sure that I am doing something wrong and missing something very obvious - but would appreciate assistance.

Thanks

post-45460-0-78830000-1355991128_thumb.p

Danny

Hi,

Its not possible to create a special page and never has.

Special pages refer to the WordPress pages which dynamically display data from your site. These Special Pages are Blog Page, Archive Page, Category Page, Search Results, Tag Listing, Author Posts and 404 Page.

For example, your Blog Page is a Special page, because it takes all of your individually entered posts and displays them on one page. Another example of a Special page is an Author Posts page which displays all the posts by an author. Category pages display all the posts in a category.

You can create your own drag and drop template - http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Create_a_Custom_Page_Template

The Special Pages menu, was been renamed Page Options.

http://support.pagelines.me/docs/page-options/

Please search our forums, before posting!