nandorj78

Content Not Showing

nandorj78

I've just set up a 'Home' page and set it as default. Then, I've dragged a few items to the header and morefoot sections. However, in the Page Template section, the content item is not showing any posts, and I do have 2 posts that I need to show. Does anybody know what might be happening?

Thanks!

Btw, the site is: http://www.cursoer.com/site/ 

James B

Hi there, in order for the content to show you'll need to make sure that the content section is active in 'page templates' in the drap and drop for that template, and that the postloop is active in the 'content-area'. Both are required to show items within the content area.

If you find both sections are active in the drag and drop and still not displaying, please check the page/template meta to make sure neither has been set to 'hidden' in the meta options

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

nandorj78

Hello James,

Thanks for you prompt reply. I checked what you said and I think I did everything right, please see attached pics.

Still, the content is not showing...

James B

Hi there, yes that all looks set up correctly, have you taken the site down at all? I'm not getting a response on http://www.cursoer.com/site/ its coming up with a 404.

Try deactivating any third party plugins to see if something is blocking something on the layout. After deactivating, dump the browser cache and refresh to see if its a plugin conflict.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

nandorj78

I've just deactivated all plugins but askimet. I was using Chrome, and then I changed to IE 10 and the problem still continues, and no, I've not taken the site down, the 404 error shouldn't be appearing.

So, what is the next step to try to fix this?

thanks!

Danny

I believe I resolved this issue in Live chat, if not the same Fernando, please reply here.

The issue was caused by the user wanting his blog posts to display on his homepage, when static pages were setup, which is not possible without a plugin or section.

Please search our forums, before posting!

nandorj78

Yes Danny, it was me. Thanks for your help. You may now close this thread :)