My client is a user/website tester and has just informed me that her website is not displaying properly in Internet explorer 9 (and 8).
The website looks great and has been tested by me on all devices and on the desktop by all the latest browsers ... but not older versions.
Is there anything known about this and DMS, or is there a fix?
the website is here..
Here is a pdf with screen shots and the problems in ie8 & ie9...
I have an issue with a site not behaving in IE9 and performing badly in IE8. I've been playing around with a copy on a staging server and testing view with Browserstack. I replaced my child theme and activated WP 2013 theme, and IE8/9 worked fine. I then activated the DMS2 Base theme and the not loading properly issue returned. Then I deactivated all the plugins but the problem still persists. With child theme active: IE8/9/10 - http://imgur.com/a/FzN0O With DMS2 Base theme active, all plugins deactivated: IE8/9/10 - http://imgur.com/a/3j15x Temporary staging server URL: http://c95.731.myftpupload.com/ DMS version: 18.104.22.168 Debug is on, cache cleared The problems with IE8 should be obvious. The CTA is disappearing in IE9 but otherwise is fine. Everything good in IE10 and up.
Thanks in advance, Michael
My pics are not loading in IE9 and I need to know if theres a plugin to resolve this issue. (Help)
My site: http://www.csswayne.org
and I'm using DMS 2.0 with Wordpress 3.91
I have some plugins
Call Press calendars
I was using the DMS Pro Tools patch and the Modernizr plugin/acript to get IE8 and IE9 to present DMS based sites correctly. This was working successfully, bar a few elements that I could make some conditional styles for.
I've just noticed on the last two sites I've updated to the latest version of DMS that this no longer works. I know the Modernizr script hasn't been changed so I assume something with DMS has changed to render these non-functional.
http:/www.tcii.co.uk/bypass (this is behind a 'under maintenance' screen right now, you'll need to use the 'bypass' in the URL to get past it)
Any idea what might be stopping the script from running correctly? Normally it would allow older browsers to use HTML5 and CSS3 tags/selectors, at the moment its as if the script isn't even running/loading...
I have problems with a couple of my websites. At www.botanicchoice.com/blog I get the following error message:
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Tablet PC 2.0)
Timestamp: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 17:03:59 UTC
Message: Unable to get value of the property 'add': object is null or undefined
Also, at www.358scoutingonthego.org, the site looks completely screwy (I've tried to attach a screen shot here, but the file is too large). I don't get an error message here. I have tried disabling all plugins to no avail. Similar issues occur in other sites as well, but not all of the time. It's all very strange. So far, it all looks fine in IE10, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
I have tried finding similar threads in the forum before posting so as not to cause a stir, but I have not found anything.