dobynsbc

Class Issue With Wiki-Created Pages

dobynsbc

Hi! I'm having an issue with a class not defining in the framework. Here's the error message:

PHP Fatal error: Class 'OptEngine' not found in /wp-content/themes/pagelines/admin/class.options.metapanel.php on line 547

I'm attempting to integrate the WPMU Wiki plugin into my pagelines site, but when I create new pages via the front end wiki interface the process is failing when it hits line 547 of class.options.metapanel.php. The class appears to be present in the code. Since I don't want to get stuck manually upgrading internal pageline code every time a new release comes out, can you suggest an alternate fix, or at least help identify whether the issue is with a plugin (that works in other themes) or pagelines?

Thanks!

James B

Hi there, I won't be able to assist you with the php unfortunately as I'm not a developer. But if you're on the developer license you'll be able to access the Pagelines Wiki plugin, which could make things easier. This is already set up to work inside the framework and in conjunction with the drag and drop system.

http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_Integrations - scroll down for info on Pagelines Media Wiki

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

dobynsbc

I'm familiar with the MediaWiki option, but had hoped to avoid it if possible. Maybe I can simplify my question - is there a method by which I can write custom code to fix how pagelines is incorrectly handling this class that won't be erased when new updates come out? This doesn't appear to be something I can address via functions.php in my child theme.

Simon

Easy fix really.

See what we do in the backend is only load classes, files and functions if they are needed in wp-admin, of course none of these should be needed on the frontend?? But then along comes this wiki plugin lol...

Anyhoo, add this to the child theme functions.php:

require_once( PL_ADMIN . '/class.options.engine.php' );

NOTE it has to be a child theme, not the customize plugin.

• Like 1