Sign in to follow this  
msweeney1961

So its gets better (or worse depending on one's view)

msweeney1961

So I've spent most of the days jacking around with the features that used to work and now do not show the slide show. I also been reading all the docs and I went to make a clean page for features just to see if they worked. So I had no templates showing.. dig around the trick was to activate a new template and then go back. Well, that got the templates back listed in the editor and changed the features. Before I had single feature showing now all four are showing stacked on each other. Nobody is moving, they are just stacked. Ideas? And yes, I reset them.. and yes, I'm on the most current code.

msweeney1961

I just noticed this error - it shows at the bottom of the stack of features. Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/michaels/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/iblogpro 2/pro/template_fboxes.php on line 8

msweeney1961

And more info. If I go back to version 4.1.5, the features unstack but dont play. If I go back to the latest code, they stack up and dont play.

cmunns

In 4.1.5 did you set a timeout time? If the time-out time is set to zero they will not play.

bryan-hadaway

If you're getting this error: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/michaels/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/iblogpro 2/pro/template_fboxes.php on line 8 - that's odd if you're using the latest iBlogPro theme? Please make sure you're using the latest theme and WordPress versions. Thanks, Bryan

msweeney1961

That was with the latest theme and Wordpress 3.01. To get rid of the error, I had to go back one version of iBlog. slides still dont play but the error is gone.

cmunns

This is cured 99% of the time by reverting to default. If you backup your options before hand you can then restore from backup so you don't lose any info.

msweeney1961

I've done this.. several times. I even rebuilt things from scratch on the off chance something in the restore was jacked up. But even reset, the features do not change. I sent an email to the web server provider but they pretty much washed their hands of it.

cmunns

Who are you using for hosting? That's ridiculous. They can't even give you error logs or anything like that?

msweeney1961

The official word is that "They do not support any blogs other than their own".. I've already had several go arounds with them portfoliositez.com They were pretty good up to a few months ago. I think growth pains is hitting them hard. I have a full CPANEL access but I'm not entirely sure what to look for. I dont have raw error logs The PHP admin panel does not have logs either.

bryan-hadaway

Hmm, generally cPanel will drop error logs right there with all your files, as in next to wp-content, index.php etc. Look for a file called error_log. Thanks, Bryan

msweeney1961

Progess? out of PHP memory? [21-Aug-2010 15:14:31] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/michaels/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/iblogpro 2/pro/template_fboxes.php on line 8 [24-Aug-2010 14:19:39] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 98304 bytes) in /home/michaels/public_html/blog/wp-includes/class-IXR.php on line 35 [24-Aug-2010 14:22:56] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 98304 bytes) in /home/michaels/public_html/blog/wp-includes/class-IXR.php on line 35 [24-Aug-2010 14:23:09] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 98304 bytes) in /home/michaels/public_html/blog/wp-includes/class-IXR.php on line 35 [24-Aug-2010 14:26:56] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71315 bytes) in /home/michaels/public_html/blog/wp-includes/class-IXR.php on line 97 [24-Aug-2010 14:27:14] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 313599 bytes) in /home/michaels/public_html/blog/wp-includes/class-IXR.php on line 97 [24-Aug-2010 14:27:50] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 98304 bytes) in /home/michaels/public_html/blog/wp-includes/class-IXR.php on line 35 [24-Aug-2010 14:44:08] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 98304 bytes) in /home/michaels/public_html/blog/wp-includes/class-IXR.php on line 35 [24-Aug-2010 14:44:21] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 353441 bytes) in /home/michaels/public_html/blog/wp-includes/class-IXR.php on line 342 [24-Aug-2010 14:47:39] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 98304 bytes) in /home/michaels/public_html/blog/wp-includes/class-IXR.php on line 35 [24-Aug-2010 14:48:36] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 313676 bytes) in /home/michaels/public_html/blog/wp-includes/class-IXR.php on line 342 [24-Aug-2010 14:51:05] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 98304 bytes) in /home/michaels/public_html/blog/wp-includes/class-IXR.php on line 35 [25-Aug-2010 14:44:49] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 294065 bytes) in /home/michaels/public_html/blog/wp-includes/class-IXR.php on line 342 [25-Aug-2010 14:45:06] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 271188 bytes) in /home/michaels/public_html/blog/wp-includes/class-IXR.php on line 393

msweeney1961

OK.. got the vendor to change the settings from 32 meg to 80 meg. Still no changing of features. I also reset it back to defaults and back again with the restore. No joy

bryan-hadaway

Let's get a link to your site. What host are you using? I still recommend upgrading to the latest versions of WordPress and theme. Did the features ever work? Did they stop working when anything specific happened? This looks like one for the developers, please bump your topic. Thanks, Bryan

msweeney1961

Yes, the features worked fine for a few months. I dont recall exactly when they stopped which is one problem so I cant tie it to any specific event. I had four features rotating around. I did upgrade from iBlog to Pro. The original iBlog is still there because thats where the pro is pulling the images from. I have the latest WP and blog. But, as I said, the latest code on the blog is more jacked up. The features "stack on each other" all on the same page. At least the one back code level shows just one feature, it just does not rotate to the others. www.michaelsweeneyphotography.com Host is portfoliositez.com

cmunns

Hmmm. Now that I see your site I think your problems may not be as serious. First, make sure that your feature settings have a basic feature nav mode set in the "feature settings" option so we can toggle through slides. Also, set a timeout value so that the features will play automatically. If there are problems here then double check your markup in the features for missing HTML markup.