Assign Colors To Categories

3 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I'd like to assign a specific background color for each category I created.

For example, something like that :

My website.

How can I do that ?

Thank you for your kind help!

Unfortunately, not from what I can see as there is noway to distinguish the categories to use CSS. The only way you're going to be able to achieve this kind of look is for you to either create a child section and customise the section.php code to allow you to style this or contact one of our Pros.

I recommend contacting one of our Pros for something like this -

1 person likes this

Ok. Thank you for your answer Danny!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Custom design for different category pages
      By mzhafzah
      I am using DMS 2 theme and I want to create a 2 different links on my website; each link should take you to a different blog post category. Although the process is easy, yet I can not figure out how to give each category page a unique design of its own; Any change I make on any page is applied to the other (I'm aware of the universal elements like the header and footer and I a am not talking about these.)
      Since I am new to wordpress in general, I am not sure if my description is sufficient; apologies if it is not.
    • Modify postloop by category
      By morrisjohnc
      My blog has two separate types of post content, both of which need to be created as posts, not pages, in WP.
      On the category pages, Bespoke pulls the featured image and the 10 word excerpt (or whatever is provided for in the excerpts post field).  How can I get certain categories to show the full content of a post and others this standard format with the "read more" button?
      Question 2 - Is it possible to have different templates for different category listing pages?  Example, use the postloop for one category and the masonic gallery for another?
      Thank you in advance for your help!
    • Default Category/Post Thumbnail
      By aldisney+
      I was wondering if there was a relatively easy to way automatically assign a thumbnail to a post category when displaying posts in the Masonic Gallery format, when the post doesn't have a featured image? I've got a client with a ton of posts that just won't have any featured images, but each category has a header image. I'd like to display the header image as the thumbnail for all these posts, since, going forward, my client does actually plan to use featured images.
    • Max posts in postloop for categories
      By jammersam
      Hi there,
      Having difficulty editing something on a site I'm working on.  In previous Pagelines versions, clicking a post category allowed one to see all of the posts in that category.  In the postloop for DMS, it seems I can only show max ten.  I'd like for any category (except the main blog page, which should remain in magazine mode with 10 max) to show its maximum content - any explanation on how I can do that?
      Thanks very much.
    • Setting Post Categories for Flexible Posts
      By ariel100
      I'm new to WHP6, just got.  Attempting to play with it and ran through the docs and all the guides I could find and hoping could get your help -
      In using the Flexible Posts, section,  I tried to split it into 2 side by side,  in so doing I wanted to restrict left side to posts from Category X  and right side to posts from Category Y.   The edit section lists  'Post Category' that made me think I could do so.  The only options I get though are category, post_tag, post_format  ..  I can't seem to set the specific category here.  Setting it to 'category' doesnt seem to accomplish anything with the posts that are selected / displayed. 
      Can you advise as to how this is best accomplished?  Or if there are documentation support for the sepcific sections that may indicate?
      Thanks for your help!