Sign in to follow this  
krisbritt

Features Thumbnails Wrap

krisbritt    0
krisbritt

The Features thumbnails are wrapping on my page. Best case the Feature thumbnails would work like a carousel once there were too many for the width of the page. I'm coming here before the customizations forum just in case there is already functionality for this and I've somehow missed it.

Here's my test URL: http://www.tiahobermanphotography.com/wp/now/

More background: The client likes the Features look (also the Features thumbnails look) over the look of other image galleries. The client also wants more than this number of images in this 'category' so just stopping before the thumbnails wrap is not what they want. Worst case I will try to use CSS to increase the spacing between the thumbnail rows but it's not first choice.

Thanks so much for any help,

Kris

Rob    547
Rob

There isn't a way I know of to modify the feature slider to move the thumbs like a carousel.  It is designed to wrap the thumbs.  You may be able to adjust the thumbs to remove borders, narrow the space, if not remove it, between thumbs and do other things that may please your client. 

Alternatively, there are many sliders out today, capable of and designed to carousel thumbs related to slides.  You may wish to invest some time and effort searching www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins, our Store and CodeCanyon.net for just the right product.

Please keep in mind, WordPress 3.5 made some major changes to jQuery which is used by many sliders. Make sure any slider you use is capable of handling the latest WP and its jQuery version.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob    547
Rob

By the way, you can test this in Firebug, but this looks pretty nice on your site:

#features .thumbs #featurenav a {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    border: medium none;
    border-radius: 0 0 0 0;
    box-shadow: none;
    height: 30px;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    width: 50px;
}
#featurenav a span.nav_thumb {
    border: 0 solid #EC008C;
}

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

krisbritt    0
krisbritt

Thanks Rob, that CSS treatment does look nice. I will look into other carousel options if they pursue that aspect.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• King Creative Design
      By King Creative Design+
      Hi, I'm trying to show thumbnails on aggregate pages like category, archives etc., and hide thumbnails on single post pages. I have searched the Pagelines forum and followed some of the instructions given to other users with no luck. Below are two links, one is to a single post, and the other is an archive list. Right now the thumbnails are turned off in the WP postloop. 
      Both pages are on separate templates, and I tried setting the single post page to loccal and it still seems to keep the thumbnail option as a global setting.
      SINGLE BLOG PAGE - http://liesegardner.com/fuel/
      ARCHIVE LIST - http://liesegardner.com/2015/07/
      Thanks for your attention,
      Michele
    • frakture
      By frakture
      Hi there, wondering if there is a way to hide or turn off the flipper thumbnails, so all you have are the blog titles (and dates)? I've searched and haven't seen this question asked before. Thanks!
    • flaxpits
      By flaxpits
      Is there a way to use the whole image in the feature slider as a link? I have searched the forum and noticed in 2011 this was posted and the reply was no. Has anything changed in 4 years?

• dfsdafd23
      By dfsdafd23
      I'm using features on the landing page of my website. My issue is that when the page loads the feature slider will resize itself every time. I've tried to tinker around with the layout of the site (static, responsive, %, px) and with the source images (not to big, the actual size) but it doesn't help. Any tips? 

Here's a video of how it looks:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/766689/Features.mov

Website URL: test.andersaagesen.dk
      Framework Version: 2.4.4 w. child theme
      WordPress Version: 4.2.1
      Plugins in Use: simple css lite, pagelines security patcher, contact form 7, backWPup
      Server/Host: unoeuro.com
    • chambermv
      By chambermv
      The features images are not displaying properly. The first image is blank and the second displays this script: if (document:)document.getElementbyld("divcb6b4a52").style.height = (441-440)+"px";

There should only be 8 images to display, but it adds two images before that are blank and have that text I indicated.

http://chambermv.org/

Platform Pro