thomstark

Modal Login Plugin Not Working In 3/4 Browsers With Pagelines Activated

thomstark

I have a modal login plugin activated and added to my main nav. When you click on it, it popups up a login form. In MSIE, the login form works perfectly. In Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, however, clicking anywhere on the login form just causes it to close (i.e., there is no functionality to the form in those three browsers). The reason I'm asking for help with Pagelines, however, is that this is only the case when Pagelines theme is activated. I tried it with the Twenty-Twelve theme, and the login form work perfectly across all browsers. So I'm thinking there must be some weird conflict with Pagelines, that only affects three browsers but not MSIE. Here's the site: www.bringtheharvest.com 

Click on the login link in the main nav across browsers to see the problem.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

I've also contacted the creator of the modal login plugin, but I'm posting here because it is only an issue when Pagelines is activated. 

Rob

I'm not sure why it's conflicting, but evidently, it is.  This could be a CSS related conflict, which makes sense, if the plugin uses some pre-CSS3 code to accommodate browsers or, using some CSS3 that is in conflict with some existing code of ours or even Twitter Bootstrap.

There appear to be a number of errors in CSS related to .rhlogin, an element I've not seen before. Could this be related to your plugin?

One way to find out what's going on would be to go to your site via FTP and change the WP_DEBUG setting in wp-config.php from false to true and re-load it. This causes all the errors to show. You can copy those and post them here and provide them to the plugin developer.  When completed, return it to false.

How old is the plugin? WordPress just updated to 3.5 changing many things with this release. It's possible, even if you did not update yet, something's not working in the background with PageLines.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

thomstark

Thanks, Rob. Will debug now. Yes, ".rhlogin" is the plugin in question. "RH" stands for "Right Here," the name of the developers. I'll be bag with the bugs.

thomstark

Um, I changed debug to true and reuploaded wp_config.php and now I can't access my site. So I changed it back to false and I still can't access my site. It's just a blank white page. 

thomstark

Yeah, I definitely broke my wp-config.php file. 

Rob

Thom, check the wp-config.php file.  Make sure the WP_DEBUG is set to false.

Here's the line:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Perhaps you deleted the closing )  or something.

thomstark

No. It's correct. It's just not working.

Rob

Thom, make sure there's no / in front of the word define.

thomstark

Got it working now. Pasting debug info.

thomstark

Here's the only one that seems to relate to the modal login plugin:

Notice: Undefined property: WP_Error::$roles in /home2/bringti3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/modal-login/includes/class.plugin_modal_login.php on line 205

And here's the rest:

Notice
: wp_enqueue_style was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home2/bringti3/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2944

Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home2/bringti3/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2944

Notice: register_uninstall_hook was called incorrectly. Only a static class method or function can be used in an uninstall hook. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.) in /home2/bringti3/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2944

• Notice: Undefined index: wn_active_hooks in /home2/bringti3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/widget-ninja/widget-ninja.php on line 117

Notice: Undefined index: wn_show in /home2/bringti3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/widget-ninja/widget-ninja.php on line 118

Notice: Undefined index: title in /home2/bringti3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ajaxy-search-form/widgets/search.php on line 11
Notice: Undefined index: wn_active_hooks in /home2/bringti3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/widget-ninja/widget-ninja.php on line 117

Notice: Undefined index: wn_show in /home2/bringti3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/widget-ninja/widget-ninja.php on line 118

Notice: Undefined index: wn_active_hooks in /home2/bringti3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/widget-ninja/widget-ninja.php on line 117

Notice: Undefined variable: script in /home2/bringti3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ajaxy-search-form/sf.php on line 592

Simon

All of that ^^^ is poorly coded plugins, to be expected.

Looks like your modal plugin enqueues its own copy of twitters bootstrap, is there an option to not use the js? As framework already enqueues it for you.

Simon

As its a code canyon script we have no way to debug it for you, best thing you can do is either ask the author for an option to not enqueue bootstrap if the theme already does, or we can look into a way of deqeueing the frameworks bootstrap, as long as you dont intend on using it anywhere else.

thomstark

OK. Great. That's very helpful. Thanks very much. I'll ask them about an option to skip the Twitter bootstrap and see if we can make progress that way. Thanks very much!

thomstark

And sorry for the late reply. I hadn't been back to check for a response in a couple days.

thomstark

As it turns out, the plugin already has an option to disable their bootstrap. Disabling it, however, unfortunately doesn't solve the problem. 

Simon

You still have a javascript fatal error caused by this:

<script type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function() { $("iframe").each(function(){ var ifr_source = $(this).attr('src'); var wmode = "wmode=transparent"; if(ifr_source.indexOf('?') != -1) { var getQString = ifr_source.split('?'); var oldString = getQString[1]; var newString = getQString[0]; $(this).attr('src',newString+'?'+wmode+'&'+oldString); } else $(this).attr('src',ifr_source+'?'+wmode); }); }); </script>

Not sure where thats from, copy and paste is it?

thomstark

I think that's just for hiding iframed youtube videos behind the dropdown menu, which didn't work anyway on mobile. 

thomstark

Another weird thing is when I disable the Modal Login for Wordpress's bootstrap (in their settings), the back-end admin menu dropdowns stop working. When I reenable Modal Login's bootstrap, the admin dropdowns work again. 

I'm putting serious effort now into scraping together another way to duplicate this functionality. Pagelines would have it with your modal functionality, but I can't call that up from a top-level nav item, unfortunately.

Simon

You have 45 different javascript files, all on one page, so my advice is to deactivate some stuff, and make things work one at a time. You have made it next to impossible to debug with that much scripting going on.

thomstark

lol. Yeah, that would be a good guess. I guess I was tired. 

I had everything deactivated while the Modal Login guys were troubleshooting. Everything works but that. It didn't work when it was the only active plugin on the site either. It's just a basic conflict with Pagelines and the plugin. The authors are not being very helpful anymore, which is fine, so I'm trying to gerrymander something else up at present. Thanks very much for your help.