neighbour

Events Page Doubling Up

neighbour    0
neighbour

I find that if I click on an event (as, for example, one listed in a sidebar) I get to a page which has the general site layout I want but the event stuff is all repeated at the top of the page above any banner, brand nav etc. Can't figure out how to get rid of it. I can delete the copy lower down which is within the page template but that's a bit weird... has this happened to anyone else and how do you resolve it? Thx.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a link to your site please, so we can see the issue first hand.

Please search our forums, before posting!

neighbour    0
neighbour

http://ispy.it/66b1 -- thanks. I am using the Events Manager plugin. I have set up the pages and no matter what I do to the templates they seem to have this problem.

neighbour    0
neighbour

I seem to have sorted the individual event issue so now it happens on all the event summary apges - eg Events, Location, Edit Events etc.

neighbour    0
neighbour

yes please.. this is not resolved at all. If you visit the site and click on the events you will see what I mean - many thanks.

Jenny    33
Jenny

You have banners added in the header (in drag&drop) so that's why it is appearing there.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

neighbour    0
neighbour

Thanks. Solved. Why is that? I have one banner set which contained a php clause - why would it pull in some duplication of content?

James B    436
James B

It could be that if it was the only banner set created, it was automatically selecting that set in the site wide meta settings, without seeing it first hand its hard to say. I'm glad you've got it resolved though, I've selected Jenny's answer for you :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

neighbour    0
neighbour

Actually... it is not totally resolved. Any banner included in the header of the layout pulls the events pages up into the header too - seems like a bug. 

Danny    1,327
Danny

Please disable W3 Total Cache and see if that resolves your issue, if not then I recommend you contact the Event plugins author and see what he/she suggests.

Please search our forums, before posting!