bestjimmy

Remove Large White Space Between Soapboxes And Call To Action

bestjimmy    0
bestjimmy

I'm looking for some direction on what steps to take to remove the large amount of whitespace between the bottom of the Call To Action element and the top of the Soapbox element on a home page.

A screenshot is included here and the URL for the work-in-progress site is: http://wp.safehouseweb.com/wip6/

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

DGhTm.png

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Try adding this to your custom CSS:

#page #soapbox .content-pad {
padding-top: 0;
}

#page #soapbox .fboxgraphic img {
vertical-align: middle;
}

#page #callout .content-pad {
padding-bottom: 0;
}

I highly recommend you install FireBug or use the web developer tools that come bundled with most modern browsers. These tools allow you to inspect your sites HTML structure, along with the CSS used to style your site and are perfect for this kind of issue.

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!

bestjimmy    0
bestjimmy

Danny, thanks much! That did the trick.

And I completely understand/appreciate your recommendation about using FireBug; I do have it but do not yet know enough about CSS to really ID what I'm looking for when I want to change something. Your help here not only solved my whitespace problem but it's also a great learning point & example for me as far as getting more CSS under my belt. Thanks, again!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Simon
      By Simon
      Please Note: Recent software such as DMS is not affected by this security advisory.   Three days ago we were alerted by Securi via email that there were a couple of problems with two of our legacy themes, namely PlatformPro and PageLines Framework.

We take security seriously, so we wasted no time updating the free versions of these themes on the WordPress Repo and updating the pro versions over here at pagelines.com

The following versions of the two themes have been patched and are available from your account area right now.

PlatformPro 1.6.2 [download]
      PageLines Framework 2.4.6 [download]

If you are using the free versions of the two themes available on wordpress.org, those files have also been patched.

PageLines 1.4.6 [download]
      Platform 1.4.4 [download]

In all cases you should see an update available in your WordPress admin area and should update right away.
      In the event that you cannot update the theme we took the time to create a small plugin that will protect your site.
      The plugin will work with all versions of both themes, just install and activate it for immediate protection.
       pl-security-patcher.zip

• flaxpits
      By flaxpits
      Is there a way to use the whole image in the feature slider as a link? I have searched the forum and noticed in 2011 this was posted and the reply was no. Has anything changed in 4 years?

• mkmk
      By mkmk
      I'm running PlatformPro 1.4 and Platform Base 1.0.4.
      My questions:
            1) Can I still update these to a more recent version?
            2) If I don't update, can I still apply the newsecurity patch?
            3) How do I apply the security patch?  I downloaded it to my computer but when I go to Wordpress, I see nothing about updating PlatformPro.

Thanks!
      Michael
    • joeypatches
      By joeypatches
      Hello,
      I added a post to my blog last night and as soon as I published the content, my "primary sidebar" fell to the bottom of the home page. When I go into other areas of the site, like "contact" or "about", the side bar comes back to where it belongs. So far I tried going to Appearance->Customize and then deleting and reducing assets in the "Widgets: Primary Sidebar" but nothing changed/worked.

I consider myself slightly savvy but I don't quite understand many terms and lingo with html and CSS - so I would appreciate the most laments terms possible when describing a solution.

My site is:
      http://thebentunit.com/

Thank you!

• ryanpmorrison
      By ryanpmorrison
      Hello,

Not the most experienced guy in the world here -- just an attorney who liked PlatformPro and purchased it to make a license-free site.

I'm having two problems.  

1. The first may or may not be new -- I think I would have noticed, but I'm not positive.  On the front page of the site, the navigation has dropdown menus.  Some of the child pages have their own children, even.  But for some reason, when I go to any other page, only the top-level pages are visible.
      Front page: http://falseclaimsactattorney.com
      Example of a page on which the dropdown menus are not working: http://falseclaimsactattorney.com/welcome-to-greene-llp/about-the-firm/thomas-m-greene-boston-false-claims-act-attorney/

I just tried replacing what had been a default menu with a custom menu, and that did not fix the problem.  Any ideas?

2. I have not updated to PlatformPro 1.6.0 -- but when I try to do so, I get a 404.