Sign in to follow this  
chules

Positioning Slideshow On Page

chules

I am working on my website at http://dev.sportscare1.com.  I am trying to position the slideshow ont the page so that the space between the bottom of the menu and the top of the slideshow is reduced.  Also, trying to figure out why the slideshow is not centered on the page and has a larger amount of space to the left of the slideshow.

I could really use some assistance with this.  I tried to adjust content padding and I still can't decrease the space between the bottom of the menu and the top of the slideshow.  Thank you - chules

Danny

Hi,

For some reason either yourself or the plugin is using a table which has a <td></td> doing nothing but the CSS for <td> has padding, this is causing your slider to be pushed slightly to the right, remove this from your code and it should be positioned correctly.

Also add this CSS and it should reduce the gap.

body.home .post-meta {
margin-bottom: 0;
}

Please search our forums, before posting!

chules

Danny, the code you provided worked and the reason for the table was my laziness in cutting and pasting a shortcut code.  The page is displaying on the front page correctly.

To achieve this I used the following code to hide the title and reduce the gap

/* This removes the home page title */
.home .pagetitle {display: none;}

body.home .post-meta { margin-bottom: 0; }

This website will have another page at http://dev.sportscare1.com/sports-performance-fitness/ also display the slideshow in a very similar style with the only difference is that I will display a right hand primary sidebar.  The question I have is how do I modify the above code to remove the page title and also decrease the gap on this page?  Thank you - chules

Danny

You can remove Page Titles using the options in Website Setup, so there is no need for the custom CSS to hide them.

To reduce the space you will need to inspect the code and reduce either the margin or padding, I recommend you use the Chromes Web Dev Tool.

Please search our forums, before posting!