darmitage

Small Black Dots Above Widgets

darmitage    1
darmitage

Hello. I just updated to the most recent version of Pagelines Framework and ever since the update I am seeing these small black dots in the upper left hand corner of my widgets. I tried using the CSS code:

.widget {

list-style: none;

}

but it did not work.

Can you please help?

Roxann

James B    436
James B

Hi there, if it's just happened since the update my first thought would be to disable any third party plugins and see if the dots' go away, could be an existing plugin is clashing with the latest version.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

darmitage    1
darmitage

I tried deleting all unused plugins and deactivating any non-Pagelines plugins - no change. The black dots continue to show in the upper left corner of all widgets.

Help!

James B    436
James B

Hi there, ok please dump the cache file in your w3 total cache plugin and then deactivate. Clear the browser cache and refresh. 

Then apply the following css according to this post - http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/23937-widget-problem-after-update-black-dots-at-upper-left-corner/?hl=dots#entry139873

I think the caching plugin was masking your previous css attempt and stopped you from seeing the changes

.widget {

list-style: none;

}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      I have been unsuccessfully trying to get my 3-column widgetized footer aligned centered. The widget section itself is aligned left because the alignment appears to be controller the widget's content only. The container that contains the widget section is aligned centered. I have chosen a 3 column layout and I added 3 widgets, assuming they would be aligned centered.
      Any idea of what I may be doing wrong?
      The page is question is: http://www.michaelkummer.com
      Thanks
      Michael
    • novusweb
      By novusweb+
      We're seeing an abnormal break in widgets in Safari (El Capitan v10.11.4). 3 Widgets set for 4 of 12 columns each breaks correctly in Chrome and Firefox, but the 3rd widget goes to another line in Safari.
      Screenshot attached.
      Hoping there's a CSS fix you could recommend in the meantime, until an update. You can see this on our home page: www.novusweb.com.
    • JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      What's the latest version of PL5 ? 
    • hibbsy78
      By hibbsy78+
      I have an issue with the widgets on my blog post page. The Facebook widget is being shifted up and next to the Mumii widget above...? How can I force it to remain underneath?
      http://www.viewfromadaddy.co.uk/bellissimo-pizza-recipe/

• David Lamoureux
      By David Lamoureux+
      Here's the site, but that's not what it's suppose to look like. I tried to log in but the theme was crashed. I then went into the DB and changed the theme to WP 2013. I assume that by updating the pagelines theme all will be well again. I've downloaded DMS 2.2, but I don't know how to install that. Please help. I need to communicate with the 100's of people who've signed up in the last week. Thanks.