i have to leave the node?

If yes.. how?

Other way?

Thanks for fast reply..

"Se c'è una sola possibilità.. lo faccio, se non c'è.. la creo!"

Coach Stefano Ferruggiara, Allenatore Fisico & Mentale

catrina    103
catrina

I think the only way to keep a specific section on a specific category page would be to hide it on the other category pages (where you don't want it to appear) using CSS.

• Like 1

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

stefanoferruggiara    5
stefanoferruggiara

For sure.. i don't know how do it :)

Rob    547
Rob

Stefano,

You're asking for miracles.  I'm going to have to pray for some divine inspiration.

You'll need three things:

1.  Widget-Logic plugin

2.  WP-Boxer plugin

3.  Special Recent Posts.

Start by activating all three.

Next, add a Universal or Full Width Sidebar where you want it on the category template. If it goes across the page, use the Full-Width Sidebar. If it's in the Content Area, use Universal.

Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and implement the shortcode for WP-Boxer in a Text Widget in the Sidebar you just added.

In the Text Widget, you'll see a field for Widget Logic.  Use the proper code for the category you want the widget to show in.

In Dashboard > Content Blocks, create the boxes (Content Blocks are the same as Boxes), and style them as you want them.

In each Content Block, add the Special Recent Posts shortcode that's needed to implement the content you want in each content block (box).

You may need to do some CSS to size images and style things.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

stefanoferruggiara    5
stefanoferruggiara

Sorry Rob.. but i think is more simple a css code specific for disable/hide the display of the box section in a specific post. I dont install 3 plugin for made one think that some developer here can resolve with a simple css code that i don't know yet.

stefanoferruggiara    5
stefanoferruggiara

If some one can show me how can be .. i go search the id of every category page for apply and hide the section only in that specific category page and stop.

stefanoferruggiara    5
stefanoferruggiara

OK.. maybe i found...

.category-111 #boxes {
  display: none;
}
  • Like 1

catrina    103
catrina

The CSS code is going to need to be more specific. You should add body before .category-111 and #page after that:

body.category-111 #page

If that doesn't work, you'll need to keep working on it until you find the right selector.

• Like 1

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

stefanoferruggiara    5
stefanoferruggiara

Which is the difference wtih mine,  Catrina?? Mine work.. is wrong?

Jenny    33
Jenny

If yours works, then by all means use it. :) Catrina was simply suggesting that to make sure your custom CSS overwrites any default CSS.

• Like 1

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

stefanoferruggiara    5
stefanoferruggiara

Ok ... thanks;)

Rob    547
Rob

Glad that worked Stefano!

• Like 1

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur